My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FB71 View Post
    In MD, a boosted BP would squeak past emissions testing, because it's a 4 cyl, like the original engine. Having a v6 in a car originally equipped with a 4cyl is instant failure.

However, awesome work!!! Can't wait to see it finished!
    Im MD dont you just wait to do the swap until after the inspection?? Or wait till its 25 years old and get street rod tags

What about an original SHOGUN? Would it be illegal in MD ( from an emissions stand point) They used all the smog equipment off the SHO Taurus, even the cats and canister. They were emission legal in CA when the were built.

Since they didnt have E brakes Im sure they would fail on that point.
    Last edited by NovaSS; 12-06-2009, 03:45 PM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• Got anything figured out as far as the axles go? I'm really thinking about pulling my probe apart to build one of these. I already have a clutch and headers and everything.....hmm

Comment

• ^^ he has a write up on swapping the diff. in the trans to adapt capri axles. That's all.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• I must have missed that part. Sorry. If you don't mind, next time your taking pics can you take an over head shot? Some probe guys run Mercedes clutched superchargers where the a/c mounts. From the pics I have seen you may have the room to do a setup like this. a set of eBay probe turbo pipes may almost fit.
          Last edited by nixapgt; 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• I have tried to take as many pics as possible with this swap, if you look at the first post in this thread there's a link to my write-up on swapping the diffs so i can use the 323gt/capri xr2 axles

There's a member on clubprotege who is swapping a KLZE into a BG 323 with a mercedes supercharger so that is something on the back of my mind

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Yea the Mercedes superchargers are tiny so the help out a lot in tight spaces.

Comment

• you sir amaze me... have you done anything with a wiring harness as of yet?
                03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

• Originally posted by nixapgt View Post
                  Yea the Mercedes superchargers are tiny so the help out a lot in tight spaces.
                  I do want to run boost to this engine for sure but when i'll boost the engine, i'm not sure yet

Originally posted by twiztid_killa View Post
                  you sir amaze me... have you done anything with a wiring harness as of yet?
                  Why thank you :lol: i actually don't even have a wiring harness/ECU for the V6 at the moment, i have tracked one down but just haven't had a chance to go buy it yet

I've been wanting to do a wire tuck on my festiva so i'd say this is the perfect chance to do just that, i just love the clean look of a nicely done wire tuck

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Since you do plan to boost, and mention a wire tuck, have you thought of running megasquirt? You could run ms and use a premade harness. I use one on a personal car and it cleaned the engine bay up a ton.

Comment

• From the looks of it, there's plenty of room above the tranny for a turbo, if you run pipe extension from a turbo header. Maybe support the turbo from the engine hoist mount on that side?
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by nixapgt View Post
                        Since you do plan to boost, and mention a wire tuck, have you thought of running megasquirt? You could run ms and use a premade harness. I use one on a personal car and it cleaned the engine bay up a ton.
                        Ya once i decide to boost it i will switch it to megasquirt

Comment

• Rear turbo ......+1
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• the sound of a klze/de with a rear mount turbo would be so amasing it would blow my mind... just thinking about it makes me feel all funny... :evil4:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Kl's are definitely a different sounding motor when boosted. I loved the way mine sounded

Comment

• I'm sure i'll get to hear that soon enough :lol:

I pulled the motor out today so i could more easily position the tranny to make the front tranny mount, i'll be taking the tranny and crossmember into work tomorrow so i can get the mount fab'd up

Comment

Working...
                                X