Clear All

• It still made me poop myself lol

Sucks the turbo's gone
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

I have a vision of an extremely clean engine bay with super minimal wires/hoses showing, so since the KL has two valve covers, why does the PCV have to be on the front valve cover leaving a hose in plain site?

So here's a stock front KL valve cover (sorry for the crappy pic)

And here's my custom front valve cover, the PCV will be relocated to the rear valve cover, hidden under the intake

Another issue with the KL is the fact that the water pump pulley shares the same belt as the power steering pump, so the pump must be gutted in a manual steering car, this has always bothered me so I decided to do something about it

I have these made up (one is for defprun) to space the water pump pulley out so it can run on the alternator belt and can fully delete the power steering pump once and for all

Only downfall is I need to run a 4 groove belt when the alternator runs a 5 groove which can be seen in the pic, I can't see that causing an issue though

Last edited by Damkid; 04-04-2013, 09:30 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• yes and yes! awesome update! can't wait to see all the changes!
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Well the engine won't look bare until I can get a megasquirt and run coil on plugs, that's when things will look redicilously clean and bare

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Awesome work!
            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Ah man nice work! Now I want all that.

Comment

• Nice work on the pulleys man

Comment

• Power steering pump delete successful

I had a spacer made up for the water pump pulley so I can run the water pump on the alternator belt since my festiva has manual steering

Comment

• So the other day I took my turbo off the festiva and here's a look inside the hotside

Just a little oily.... So I loaded up all my turbos I had kickin around to use as cores towards a rebuild

And once I got to the turbo shop, he said the cores + $100 for the rebuild woot woot!! So hopefully by next weekend it'll be ready and my festiva "should" be drivable again

Comment

• Sometimes it pays to have "Junk in the Trunk"
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• I got a h1c for sale if you need a new turbo... I can ship it to you asap, pm me for more details... aaron says its to big for his b3 lol... so I got no use for it lol
                        Last edited by sasquatch; 06-30-2013, 07:15 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Already have a rebuild on the way and paid for mike lol but thanks anyway

Comment

• Freshly rebuilt turbo

Comment

• Your gonna need that turbo when I pass by you in a little b6t :-)
                              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Haha I don't need a turbo to beat your little B6T :p

Comment

Working...
                                X