Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it would be cooking if you didn't hook it up, hahaha
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• LOL when I read that post i was wondering what it meant but I didn't want to be the guy to ask the dumb question LOL
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

• I thought it was just some new slang for cooling.. didn't even think about the "L" and "K" being next to each other. hilarious

just make stuff up and people think you. are. brilliant.
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I just thought maybe Chris decided to start breaking bad up in his garage LOL :highly_amused:
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

• chris i was going through the swap guide again and in the part when your first dropping it in you took off the manifold and the vc to get it in there then later on you just made your rad support removable. so if i just do the rad support mod first i wont need to take anything off the motor rite? thanks

Comment

• My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Bobby, this was never meant to be a swap "guide" just showing progress of what I'm working on lol

The first motor I had was an OBD2 engine, therefore the manifolds had pre-cats on them making them much bigger, thats why I had to pull the manifold to get the motor in

The VC came off so I could position the motor better to figure out what was needed for clearancing

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• lol ok, well its the closest thing to a guide that exists. hold up... are all all the de motors obd2?

Comment

• ^ no...
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    ^ no...
                    :thumbs_up: good

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                      lol ok, well its the closest thing to a guide that exists. hold up... are all all the de motors obd2?
                      Bobby are you considering doing a v6 now instead of the BP in your Spire?
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• So today I finished assembling the front end, I had to customize a new upper rad hose to work with my new custom T-stat housing, then I fired it up to warm it up and noticed a nice oil leak.... Ugh

Started looking around and seen the oil coming out of the rear valve cover.... Pissed me off since its a brand new gasket..... Then I noticed a second puddle dripping off the engine, after tracking that down I found the distributor O ring was not sealing, I pulled the dist and changed the O ring, then I pulled the intake and rear valve cover, put down some silicone and re-installed the valve cover

Then my daughter woke up from her nap so I had to go back inside.... After she goes to bed tonight I'll go back out to the garage to put the intake back on and fire it back up to see if the leaks are now fixed, I also plan on swapping the stock injectors back in it to hopefully get more then 18mpg again lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Chris have you run this setup through the traps yet?Just wondering what your average et is? ps what did you you use for rad hose? just wondering cuz I rolled/dropped my engine tranny on my Aspire. And I'm not real happy with my upr/lwr rad hose's even after cutting them.

Comment

I have a ton of oddball parts kicking around so I cut two sections of hose with the right bends i wanted to use and used a piece of 1-1/2" steel pipe to connect the two sections in the middle

And no I haven't ran this setup at the track yet cause of all the issues I had last summer, I only had about 2 weeks of trouble free driving last year

So tonight I swapped in my other fuel rail with the stock injectors, put the intake back on, fired it up and I had a fuel leak where the line bolts to the rail. I had brand new copper washers in there and after several different attempts to fix the leak I gave up

I think the fuel rail is cracked at the banjo bolt so maybe tomorrow I'll pull the fuel rail and swap the stock injectors into my other fuel rail and try again and maybe i can let it run long enough to see if the oil leaks are fixed or not

Comment

• Ok cool I thought maybe you used something else like Blue HP Hose.

Comment

So on Friday I took it for a little drive, defprun was with me, and long story short the turbo is toast as well

Comment

Working...
                                X