No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be making two sets of mounts? One for me and one for you?
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
      Will you be making two sets of mounts? One for me and one for you?
      :lol: i do have enough material to make a second set but my crossmember has been modified for the rear mount

Here's the freshly made front tranny mount, its not fantastic but its strong and will do the job, i still need to paint it and install it but that won't be til tomorrow, but i may get it painted tonight so its ready to go in tomorrow

And i just picked these up from the post office today, brand new smooth clear corners from David88, Much better then the home-made clear corners i had on

And if anyone is interested in these send me a PM

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• You have any pictures of the modification to the crossmember? Also what are you going to do with the old mounts for the B6T once you get the V6 running?
        The Festiva Store

Comment

• What did you fill that mount with ?? I just broke my front tranny mount on my b6t and need a solid mount looks like what you got but was rubber...
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
            You have any pictures of the modification to the crossmember? Also what are you going to do with the old mounts for the B6T once you get the V6 running?
            I'm actually re-using the rear tranny mount and i'll probably be using the round part of the engine mount, so i won't have the complete set of B6T mounts to sell, although i have been considering manufacturing a mount kit for the g25 tranny

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
            What did you fill that mount with ?? I just broke my front tranny mount on my b6t and need a solid mount looks like what you got but was rubber...
            Thats solid nylon, i actually didn't put the nylon in the mount, the previous owner of the car did that (Sleeper)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• cool i gotta think of a way to make mine stiff! hmmm...
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• ^^Viagara!?!!? :lol::lol:

Comment

• ^^^^ rofl
                  The Festiva Store

Comment

• Damn you got me! HAHAHA that funny i dont care who you are...

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Besides i said "stiff" not "HARD"

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• fill a stock mount with window weld, its liquid poly and sets hard

Comment

• Flyin4stroke - you left that wide open for a comeback :lol: i couldn't pass up the oppurtunity :lol:

Alright so i couldn't wait til tomorrow to put the motor/tranny back in with the new mount so here's some more pics

Painted mount bracket

And a few randome pics of the clearances with both the tranny mounts complete, some space has been free'd up, which is nice :lol:

Comment

• accessory pullys are gonna be tight!!!
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Yes they are :lol: i'm considering knotching the frame if its too tight

Comment

• that is a beautifull site, you have changed my mind yet again on what kind of swap i want to do...how much would you have to have to make some custom mounts? also is that pinch weld on the firewall structeral or can that be takin back a bit?
                                03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                                92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                                92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Working...
                                X