My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FB71 View Post
    ^^^ yes, knock it apart, remove the vanes and cam ring (rotor too, if possible), plug up the outlet and return, pop it back together, and fill 3/4 way with ATF
    Its funny you guys say that, i already gutted the pump before i took the above picture but just forgot to mention that part and i didn't think to plug the outlet and put some fluid in it so thanks for that tip Jim!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• on point nice work cant wait to hear it purrr what are you doing for exhaust
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• i haven't fully decided yet, i want duals but when i go to add a rear mount turbo i'll want single exhaust and i only want to do the exhaust once, with little modding for a turbo later on

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• would you care to do a writeup on the gutting of the pump?

I will be doing this shortly, also what belt are you running for your alternator, usually the V6 guys have to use an AC delete pulley of some sort, but you seem to have bypassed that step.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            would you care to do a writeup on the gutting of the pump?

I will be doing this shortly, also what belt are you running for your alternator, usually the V6 guys have to use an AC delete pulley of some sort, but you seem to have bypassed that step.
            Gutting the PS pump is pretty basic, once you take out the bolts that hold the pump together and you split the pump apart you can see the internal and how it works, there's no clips holding the internals in place just literally grab the internals out of the pump

And for the belt, thats the belt that was used in the probe i bought, i just re-used it on my ZE
            Last edited by Damkid; 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
              on point nice work cant wait to hear it purrr what are you doing for exhaust
              I'm gonna vote nothing until it runs

Why not run two rear mounts? You probably won't have [much] traction anyway :toothy7:
              -Caleb
              Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
              So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                I'm gonna vote nothing until it runs

Why not run two rear mounts? You probably won't have [much] traction anyway :toothy7:
                to keep it somewhat simple

Comment

• You could run duals and have them x at the end. Then take the x out and put a y in when you get turbo, so it is one pipe into the turbo and then y it so that it goes back to the duals again. That wouldn't be to hard to do. I think any way lol
                  Last edited by hofficergrover; 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• I was thinking something like that but I'll decide that when the time comes :lol:

Comment

• Yeah that way seems the most reasonable besides leaving it single.

Comment

• Sorry dude, but remote mount setups decently suck. I think you should do some headwork, cams, and a megasquirt ems. You could get some nice power out of it N/A. Car will move very well.

N/A KL's sound sooooo nice!
                        Last edited by krazy4; 02-17-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• I will beg to differ, as I'm sure others here will as well. It allows for mounting a turbo when there is less space then usual, has no less lag than a traditional turbo setup as the whole system is pressurized and allows you to run higher pressures (because of temps) before you need to get an intercooler, saving money.

Just like with every turbo system, it's about what parts are used, not where the turbo is mounted. It's physics. No amount of misinformation can overcome physics.
                          -Caleb
                          Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                          So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• watch this... it takes some amount of time but its well worth it

We met with Rick Squires of STS Turbo and interviewed him to get to know more about his company and their cutting edge products. They make remote mounted tur...

this is part 1 of 5... just follow the links in youtube...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• i just watched them all (and some other vids on youtube ) lissen carefuly to part 1, 2 and 3.... thats where "most" of the "rear mount turbos = bad" myths are proven busted... part 4 has some info about water/meth... part 5 is mostaly about tuning and there customer service...
                              Last edited by sasquatch; 02-17-2010, 03:38 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                                I will beg to differ, as I'm sure others here will as well. It allows for mounting a turbo when there is less space then usual, has no less lag than a traditional turbo setup as the whole system is pressurized and allows you to run higher pressures (because of temps) before you need to get an intercooler, saving money.

Just like with every turbo system, it's about what parts are used, not where the turbo is mounted. It's physics. No amount of misinformation can overcome physics.
                                I will beg to differ, I don't want to jack his thread though.

Do you have any experience with a rear mounted setup, or are you just listening to what STS says? lol
                                Last edited by krazy4; 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X