No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so your looking for a intake hose... what could you use, i dont know.... maby DUCT TAPE!!!! jk....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• ^^my buddy has some couplers thatll work for me

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• try grabbing one from a KLDE.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Say if I was going to swap a 4cyl diff into my 626 trans, would you be able to hook me up with one of those special phantom grip dealios you put in yours?
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            Say if I was going to swap a 4cyl diff into my 626 trans, would you be able to hook me up with one of those special phantom grip dealios you put in yours?
            I might be able to but not anytime soon, the only phantom grip i have is the one in my tranny, i do plan on getting an mfactory diff so when i switch to that i could send the phantom grip your way

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• ok sounds good, that will give me time to source the capri IM shaft. I know where I can get a couple.

Facebook Me!

Comment

• :notworthy: Nuf said
                Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

• ^^Thanks

I got a connecting piece to go from the intake to my MAF and it doesn't seem to want to start without me holding the MAF open, but when i tape it open it acts the same as it did before i had the piping connected :scratch:

so i think it might just need to stay running for a short period of time to get things worked in, my B6T acted the same way for the first few start ups but once i took it for a short drive everything was fine, i'm hoping its the same thing again

The only problem is i live in a quiet trailor park filled with mostly elderly people so revving my engine with nothing but open headers creates a problem, so i will address the idling issue once i have exhaust it, in the meantime i'll finish up the rad piping and hook up my tach & heat gauge and get the dash re-installed

I also decided to test the lights, make sure i didn't mess anything up when doing the tuck and at first my headlights didn't want to turn on and my turn signals were constantly on, i then realized i didn't hook up the two ground wires in the festiva harness, so after un-taping a small section of the harness and digging out the grounds, once connected my lights worked fine and my fan now works

Comment

• you don't need no stinking fans... pshaw...

I got my MSD coil wire and power tower today, I ordered it saturday night I want to say. Major props for summit's shipping!

Facebook Me!

Comment

• My bp did the same thing when i installed it in my 89 and never was able to get it to run right. I when through 3 harness and a egt one still same problem. Hope yours is easy to fix unlike mine plus i'm new to is so it got me and i couldn't figure it out.

Comment

• After all the work i've done so far, i won't stop til its running right :lol:

Comment

• lol u better not i dont think anyone would let u at this point being so close to being done lol
                          the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                          \/\_____________FORD
                          FOREVER

Comment

• good luck man, I don't think he'd let himself either!

I am picking up a coil and HEI module tomorrow, so mine should be fired up before I head to sleep tomorrow night!

Facebook Me!

Comment

• awsome

in my old aspire i put a bp turbo auto trans... but you V6 festy is ... LLLLOOOOOLLLLLL
                              a lot better

good luck for finishing your project

yvan

Comment

• Bump for updates :iconbiggrin: LOL

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                                X