No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm thanks for that info and I'm lookin forward to the pics, I was thinking about eliminating the power steering pump and getting a shorter belt if the pump pulley doesn't clear the frame (it's the only thing I haven't checked for clearance yet)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• yeah mine didn't, it rubbed hard core. with my tail mount though it pulled the V6 away from the frame enough were I didn't have to cut and clearance it
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Then chances are my P/S pulley won't clear either i'll just get a shorter belt and eliminate the P/S pump all together

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• do it! get an aspire idler pulley and a 28.25" belt from napa. the one they had in stock was dry rotted and cracked so they ordered me a new one and gave me supplier pricing on my brand new steel aspire 4 rib idler
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Chris, what's the claimed hp on that V6 again?

I'd just get it running and worry about extra power later. You've got an impatient audience, you know.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Sorry guys it's my fault, he is waiting on the weather to clear up to do my tranny mounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                Chris, what's the claimed hp on that V6 again?

I'd just get it running and worry about extra power later. You've got an impatient audience, you know.

Karl
                Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                Sorry guys it's my fault, he is waiting on the weather to clear up to do my tranny mounts.
                Karl, the claimed HP is 200 and yes i know i have an impatient audience, i'm one of them :lol:

I have been holding off on putting the engine back in so i can make the tranny mounts for hofficergrover, but i need the weather to clear so i can get the BP to line everything up, BUT since i'm part of the impatient ones i'm going to put the V6 back in and wire it up so i can finally hear it run, which will mean i'll need to pull the engine once more to make tony's tranny mounts but i can live with that just to hear my V6 run

Comment

• I hear you there man!

Facebook Me!

Comment

• lol do it man!

Comment

• Wiring has been started on!!

The wiring for this engine is run on 2 harnesses as you can see in the first

I started with the harness on the left side, since its the smaller one of the 2, it had the alternator wiring, VRIS wiring, EGR wiring, oil pressure sensor wire, all of which i won't be re-using on the probe harness, for the alternator and oil pressure sensor i'll be re-using the festiva wiring

The wires i kept from the harness are crank positioning sensor, O2 sensors etc.

And heres what that harness looks like now

A LOT less crap... this is what i cut out

Comment

• That part is what would scare me, Good Luck.:thumbright:
                        '90 LX

Comment

• Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                          That part is what would scare me
                          Your not the only one :lol:

Comment

• no VRIS? its like VICS for a BP, you will want that extra little oomph!

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                              no VRIS? its like VICS for a BP, you will want that extra little oomph!
                              I took the VRIS butterfly flaps out of the intake so i can take off the actuators for clearance on the firewall, i know i'll be losing a bit of performance that way, but when i throw boost at the engine with a custom intake, the VRIS won't be any good to me anyway, so i'm eliminating it now while it's easier to do

Basically i'm planning the wiring as if there's already is a turbo attached to it

Comment

• oh ok, I had plenty of clearance, hmm, maybe the aspire bay is a lot larger than I thought. I always thought it was more of a myth that it was considerably larger.

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X