My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
    Nice man, You figure out the electrical problem?
    Yes i beleive i have, i un-hooked the alternator, started it up and let it run for a while and the fuse did not blow, so i swapped out my spare alt. fired it up and still no problems

After i swapped the alternators i re-installed the dash and seeing the inside complete again is a sight for sore eyes, i'm so glad the end is in sight :lol:

BTW this is totally off-topic but this thread is closing in on 20,000 views!!! wow!!
    Last edited by Damkid; 04-09-2010, 07:29 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Sweet! I hope my bp swap will go over easily.

Comment

• I had a muffler laying around that came off my old 300ZX parts car, so i decided to re-use it on my festiva the pipes are 2" stainless off the headers and 2 1/2" stainless after the Y pipe all the way back

And yes the tips need to be cleaned up and once i get the final things finished up i'll work on cleaning things up

I tried putting insurance on it on friday but since it turned 20 years old it limits the number of companies that will insure it, and then add on my 3+ tickets it limits the companies who will insure me even more so at the moment i'm facing $350/month for insurance unless i can find something cheaper, so tomorrow i'll be calling around to see what i can find

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Here its cheaper to insure cars 20 year and oder. When I has my '85 rx7 it was $4 a month to insure when added to my policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
            Here its cheaper to insure cars 20 year and oder. When I has my '85 rx7 it was $4 a month to insure when added to my policy.
            True but since i have more then 3 tickets on my record i get to have "high risk" insurance companies, and finding a high risk company that'll insure a 20+ year old car is where my problem is

On a side note a took my festiva for a very short drive around my house to get a feel for the power and lets just say i need to go change my pants :lol: the low end power is just awesome!

Comment

• ^ sweet. Glad to hear. Exhaust looks nice. And that's crazy for insurance. Mine cost $25 each on mine. Now it's gonna be even easier to get tickets too. Maybe you should put a throttle stop (limiter) on it for now ....LoL
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Ya i really need to behave for a couple years to get my record clear :lol: before i had to switch to a high-risk company my insurance was pretty reasonable, so i can only blame myself for the high rates if i can't find anything cheaper i will just pay for 2 or 3 months of insurance so i can at least make it to some meets/races

Once i pay for my newest driving award that will make speeding ticket #5 on my record

Comment

• Only 5, amateur.
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

• Oh i've had plenty more tickets then that :lol: The 5 tickets are what still currently shows on my record, here in Ont. tickets only stay on your record for 3 years

Comment

• yikes man, I have more tickets on my record in Canada than the US.

1 from Burlington from when I totaled my 95 aspire.

That's it! I can't afford high insurance, lets hope my company doesn't see what's under the hood of my red car!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• It costs me $55 a month for my Festiva, even with it being second car on the policy. But, I am a 19 year old male with one at fault accident two years ago. Hopefully my total premium ($1200/6 months) will go down as I progress into my 20s.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• My tach and heat gauges aren't hooked up yet and this was a very short pull in second just so you guys can hear the sound of it

drooldrooldrooldrool

Comment

• Sounds good!................
                            ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

• That does sound good.drooldrool
                              '90 LX

Comment

• Nice. Wish I had a louder friggin' speaker. Sounded like a normal Festiva. Just as a reference, though, a regular festiva on this speaker sounds like a fly landed on the laptop... So, NICE!
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X