No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting way off topic here, but if your shop teacher wanted to let the fluid out of the lines, don't let him near your car without him reading a shop manual first. The best intentions, and he's probably a pretty knowledgeable guy, but that's just not smart, and being a shop teacher, you'd think he'd have some knowledge of hydraulics and how air is a really bad idea to introduce to them.

Anyway, let's let the side conversation die and get back to the awesomeness slowly unfolding in this thread.

Comment

• Lol... Updates should be conning soon guys, the 323 is ready to leave the garage so I should get more progress done on the festiva shortly

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Great news man! Can't wait to see the turbo process!
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• I plan on getting the bigger sized rad pipe welded up so i can finish the cooling system, finish welding the exhaust, and I also picked up some proper hydraulic hose a few weeks ago for the return line which I'll be installing and get everything heat shielded

That's the game plan at least lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• So tonight I pulled the Festiva back in the garage, more updates coming soon

Last edited by Damkid; 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• I recognize some of those parts lol

I gotta get back to working on my car now that all of the excitement is passed.
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Lol ya I hear ya, I spent a good hour today re-arranging my garage in order to have room to work again after loading all the AWD parts in there lol

Comment

• So i got some time in the garage tonight, started off by pulling the bumper, intake, turbo, and exhaust pipes off

Then I took some header paint

Hung the exhaust pipes up

Then have them a coat of and am currently letting them dry

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the pipes wrapped and maybe re-installed

Comment

• So tonight I got my Y pipe wrapped and I gave it a cost of paint over the wrap

Then I cut my downpipe and added in some flanges to make it easier it install/remove

Then gave it a coat of paint as well and once it's dry I'll get it wrapped as well

Next ill be changing the brake booster for a protege one since its a lower profile and should help with clearance between my master and turbo

Comment

• What's the bore size on the Protege master?

Comment

• ^^i said I'm changing the booster, not the master

Comment

• Woops. Lol. Guess I should read better. :/

Comment

• Is the push rod the same length? The one connecting the pedal to the booster/mc.
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• nice work

advancdynamics / charlie has a miata booster iirc, very low profile
                              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Yes he told me about the miata booster, I tried getting one from the junkyard but the only miata I found, the booster was missing, and since I just stripped a protege, I kept the boost for the festiva

Comment

Working...
                                X