No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds great man, nice and throaty. Need a passenger to hold that camera though. Or do some drive bys.

Comment

• Dang. Imagine how it will sound with a turbo!
      Find a way to tune the exhaust so it's quiet at idle/low speeds, then roars when the throttle is opened up. Perfect sleeper car. No one would EVER suspect a V6.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• COOL test drive video !!!
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• Ya I need to have someone with me for the next video for sure :lol:

a couple weeks ago I got talking with a mustang owner (who has seen my car driving around last year and knew it was turbo'd) and I showed him a pic of my engine bay and he was just dumb-founded that I actually was able to put a V6 in it, I could tell the guy would definately not under estimate my car and had some respect for what I've done, it was the kind of reaction that makes me even more proud of it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Just make it to OSX so I can see & hear it!!

No more tickets!! Drive it like a nearsighted, slow witted, paranoid old lady on Valium. :p

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• YES!!! it is done that thing is so sweet!!! I want it!

Comment

• You should start mass producing them, Kid.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Put a tach on that thing and open her up! It didn't even sound like it made it past 5k.
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                    Put a tach on that thing and open her up! It didn't even sound like it made it past 5k.
                    I don't want to be too hard on it yet, I'll give it time to work the bugs out if there is any,

But that brings up a question, my tach in my cluster is obviously for a 4 cyl so I know when I hook up a 6 cyl signal to it, it won't read accurate, is there a way to add resistors or something to make it read right?

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• That sounds like a question for FB71!
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

• If you did hook up the tach it would read 1.5x to high. So 1500rpms on the tach would really be 1000rpms. You may be able to take part of the probe gauge cluster and make it work with the 323 cluster.
                        The Festiva Store
                        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

• I don't have the probe cluster anymore so I can't experiment with swapping parts and I want to keep the 323 gauges so I was thinkin, would adding resistors lower the tach signal strength to match the 4 cyl gauge so everything works the way it should, if that's my solution how much resistance is needed

Comment

• There's some company that makes a converter for the tach, I'll have to find it for you. They have that same problem when putting the inline 6 cylinders from Supras into the Pickups.
                            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                              There's some company that makes a converter for the tach
                              Here is a converter that I found. http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd127.htm
                              '90 LX

Comment

• That's the one everyone uses for the pick-ups.
                                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X