No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The runners are welded on the inside of the chamber (i should have taken a pic)

And for those who are wondering why i did not weld the runners to the plenum, they will be connected with rubber hoses, that way i can adjust the runner length with ease

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Nice. Can't wait to see this done
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• So sweet! Wish I could custom build anything I wanted, I've got a lot of road ahead of me. Nice work!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

• Originally posted by devon527 View Post
          So sweet! Wish I could custom build anything I wanted, I've got a lot of road ahead of me. Nice work!
          Believe me, if I didn't have access to all the tools at work, I probably would still be running the B6T, having the right tools makes an incredible different

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• needs velocity stacks but looks BA
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• looks great what TB are you using? IIRC thats a LS1 TB?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• That's the stock throttle body flange lol

Comment

• Does it still fit under the hood? Looks great!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

• It should clear the hood, as long as I measured correctly :lol: worst case if it hits the hood I'll shorten the runners so it'll clear

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      That's the stock throttle body flange lol
                      "facepalm" looks like an mustang TB flange a bit... (thought it was ls1 but its a mustang TB i was thinking of...)

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Finally got around to test fitting my intake, the way i built it, i can have the throttle body facing either direction, it'll face the tranny side when i run it N/A for the first part of the season, then it'll face the pulley side once i get the turbo installed

The first test was hood clearance, i reached my hand through the grille to get this pic.... about 1/4" clearance lol

And the intake itself

But when i put the throttle body on the intake i have clearance issues to deal with

This way, the throttle body hits the fuel rail

And i don't really need to explaing the issues here

What i will do to fix the clearance issues on the pulley side is i'll build a bolt-on extension for the throttle body

For the tranny side i decided to see what happens if i flipped the fuel rails around and it clears

Although the rail is very very close to the throttle body

I've got ideas to modify the fuel rail to help clearances but once i got a solid idea i'll post them

Comment

• Nice job Chris !!! Keep us update.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Ahhhh...................the car is out in the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

• Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                              Ahhhh...................the car is out in the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I know I hate that thought too, but at least there's no salt getting on it

Comment

• Hmm, I removed the IAC with the idea to remote mount one from a VW to help with clearances and i still got clearance issues, i may need to consider re-designing the intake

Comment

Working...
                                X