No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^big thanks for that info, I may take a trip to a junkyard this weekend to find some parts

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally a Grand National turbo, so it's not a perfect match for my engine but for $50, it will do a great job til i am able to upgrade the turbo later
      Last edited by Damkid; 12-07-2010, 07:45 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Blow off valve, Thanks again Greg

Comment

• This is exciting! Any chance of it being finished for Christmas?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
          -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Oh no, i haven't even started on the piping yet, plus i haven't even got the aluminum i need to make my intake, plus money has been wrapped up in the GTX lately so next is christmas shopping then after the holidays i can get the things needed to continue with the build

Comment

• Does that "Bud" bottle restrict flow or help with boost?
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

• ^^:lol: what can I say, I didn't have a pop can nearby to show the size of the turbo so I figured the beer bottle would work :lol:

Comment

• I took hppwdn's advice and yesterday i bought a set of 850cc RX7 injectors, they should have been shipped out today and will arrive to me soon this will save me from building a custom fuel rail and it will easily be able to supply enough fuel to any amount of boost i throw at the engine

So in the meantime i started taking apart my stock KL fuel rails

Comment

• wow 850cc.... isnt that a bit much.... unless you set them up for sequential injection i think the idle will still be hard to set up.... are the high or low imp?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• They are high impedance and i plan to get the megasquirt 3 with the expansion board, full sequential spark and fuel drool

Comment

• ooooooooooooo ms3.... drool

but the high imp will be even harder to dial in.... time will tell lol...

what are you doing for coils?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• I haven't decided on which coils yet because I may hold off for a bit to convert to coil on plugs, that part is still up in the air for this winter at least

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            I haven't decided on which coils yet because I may hold off for a bit to convert to coil on plugs, that part is still up in the air for this winter at least
                            Couldn't you do The coil on plug set-up off of a Millenia SC?
                            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• or get the gm 2 post coils from msd... or a set of msd blaster ss coils, but thats a bit of $$$$ but would look cool with 6 coils mounted up on the fire wall lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• Ah, having coils mounted on the firewall isn't what i'd want, it just wouldnt blend well with the wire tuck

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                                Couldn't you do The coil on plug set-up off of a Millenia SC?
                                I took a look at a millenia SC today at the junkyard and the coils aren't that easy to see on those engines :lol: plus it was covered in snow, so i'm not too sure if they'd work nicely or not, i know the heads on those engines are different then the KL's though

Tonight i bought the aluminum needed to finally build my custom intake, so i'm hoping within a week or two to have the intake finished up

Also here's a pic of the injectors I bought, fuel rail not included though

Last edited by Damkid; 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X