No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 5 Millenia coils sitting in my garage, lol. I can take a picture if you need it.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Hmm, please do

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Here's a pic of the aluminum for my intake

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Lower part of the runners, squared up to match the ports

Comment

• Very cool as always!

Comment

• injectors arrived today

Comment

• I need to replace acouple pittle caps but otherwise they look great, and I already test fitted them and they fit perfect in the stock rail

And a comparison pic between the 850's and stock injectors

Comment

• Lately ive been learning how to weld aluminum because i got sick of waiting for my boss to find time to do it, so now feeling confident enough i started welding my intake

I forgot a hole saw so I couldn't drill out the holes for the bottom of the chamber, so I at least welded the lower runners to the flanges

I purposely made the welds fairly thick because when I squared up the runners, they didn't perfectly match

So using this handy belt sander I smoothed out the runners

Comment

• Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• those welds look pretty good chris, how much weldeing experience do you have? is it hard to learn? not being able to weld is my big handicap and as we know everything with festivas is almost all custom work

Comment

• Thanks Rick, I have about 3 years experience MIG welding, last year my boss got a TIG welder which I've played around with on steel but it was just the passed couple weeks where I started practicing with aluminum, my intake is the first actual aluminum welding I've done

MIG welding, I find, is very easy to do and was not be hard to learn, even TIG welding is fairly simple but aluminum was pretty tricky to learn :lol:
                        Last edited by Damkid; 01-29-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Cool tools!

Good skills!

I love seeing everyone's work and especially the problem solving and custom stuff made to do the job. Good work, Chris!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Thanks Karl

Comment

• Looking good so far Chris !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Thanks maxim

Comment

Working...
                                X