No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I got a temp permit for the festiva and I actually had a night of trouble free driving in it WOOT WOOT!!!!

There's a nasty rattling going on that I need to investigate and i have a good exhaust leak but I can actually enjoy driving it again!! It was a big relief tonight

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Sick! No more smokin?

Sent from the trash can.
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Nope no more smoking

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• :cheers:

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          Today I got a temp permit for the festiva and I actually had a night of trouble free driving in it WOOT WOOT!!!!

There's a nasty rattling going on that I need to investigate and i have a good exhaust leak but I can actually enjoy driving it again!! It was a big relief tonight
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Mfactory works well haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Mfactory works well haha

Very nice!!! I am extremely jealous.

Comment

• I found this for whenever the g series decides to pack it in.. Just one question, would it fit?

Sent from the depths of hell.
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• I've seen that before.... I considered attempting it, but decided against it.... I'd hate to do that work and blow that trans, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to blow the G series, unless it hurts my mfactory lol then I might cry

Comment

• Lol.. Well let's say this.. I think you'd obtain a god status for having the first 6 speed festiva and no I haven't seen another one unless you know something I don't.

I think you'd be OK as you know what you're doing.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-13-2014, 05:51 AM.

Avg Economy:
                    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• FWIW, That F40 has not been tested with a running engine or even dropped into a chassis yet. It should work just fine, but it was a massive amount of work and even more $$$ for the machining & fab work involved with it.

Unlikely that you would blow up an F40 though. The Fiero guys bolt smallblocks to them with an adapter plate and don't have much for power/tq issues
                      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

• I won't be attempting an F40 swap, the G series with mfactory will be enough for me

If I wanted a 6 speed trans, I'd swap in an MZR

Comment

• Oh yes please.. And they were introduced last year here.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-14-2014, 07:11 AM.

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• BF GTX clutch master cylinder for my hydraulic clutch conversion

And it begins

Booster and clutch cable out of the way so I could widen the clutch cable hole, i need to do this cause I'm running a BG brake booster which is much larger in diameter then the stock booster and caused clearance issues

Mock up of the master

Clearance check.... Just barely enough clearance even with the modification to the firewall

Then I pulled the clutch pedal out so I can drill a hole for the push rod

The clutch master only has 1-1/4" movement for a full stroke, where it lines up with the clutch pedal, the pedal moves about 3" per stroke.... So I plan to make up a "Z" bar so I can locate the push rod higher on the pedal to get closer to the 1-1/4" stroke that I need..... The closer I get it, the softer the pedal feel will be, which is the whole purpose of the hydro conversion

Comment

• Little more progress today, had to partially fill the hole so I actually have steel behind the second bolt hole to mount the master to

So I cut up a little piece of steel

Welded in place

I also made a mounting bracket for the resovoir

Next is the "Z" bar

Comment

• Today's goal was to get the Z bar made up so first step was to drill a hole in the clutch pedal

I used a BF GTX clutch pedal for reference where I should drill the hole.... GTX on top, Festiva on the bottom

Where the neutral safety switch is mounted, it was directly in the way for my push rod, so I cut the bracket off and looped the wires... I forgot to take pics of that though lol

Then i welded some steel together for the push rod, It took a few tries to get the length and angles right but here's the outcome

It's not gunna win any beauty contests but it'll function just fine

The hole I drilled in the pedal was actually too high and didn't allow for a full stroke of the clutch master, so I ended up drilling a second hole about 1/2" lower in order to get the full stroke on the master

I'm happy with the results

And all the way in

Tomorrow I'll be pickin up a flex line so I can get the lines ran and start bleeding out the system to finish this off

Comment

Working...
                                X