No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything else that has to happen after the diff to get it running with the turbo?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Lol won't be running tomorrow, I wish though lol

Before I can really get it back together I gotta buy some header wrap, and I won't have the cash for it for probably close to a month

So in the meantime I'll at least get the Mfactory installed, engine back in the engine bay and finally get the MS assembled lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I should do a kl stiva...
        :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

• ^^Yes you should :evil4:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• So today I took a spare 28 spline diff to work with the 4.38 gear (to match the gearing in the tranny) and got the ring gear off it, scrapped the diff and bolted the ring gear to the Mfactory

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to split the tranny and install the Mfactory
            Last edited by Damkid; 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Nice! Git er dunn!!
              :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

• be careful with the ball bearings and springs inside the case, they can be a pain.... Do you have alldata or anything that you can look at for disassembly?
                93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                123.7mph highest trap
                95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• Lol thanks for the warning but it's not needed

I run a 26 spline diff with this setup, so everytime I put a tranny in it, I have to swap diff's, so I've got plenty of experience tearing down G series trannies

Comment

• So i got some garage time tonight

Once i got the 5th gear off, i noticed some metal shavings, i didn't have any issues with the tranny before i pulled it so i thought the shavings were weird, so i knew i would be checking things out once i split the case apart and here's what i found

One of the bolts i used to hold the ring gear to the diff actually broke! I have no idea how only one bolt broke but once i got the diff out i started looking for the bolt halves and found them easily enough, then i started looking for any damage and i noticed this piece of steel

And i quickly realized it is the safety catch so you can't go straight from 5th to reverse, so it didn't hurt my feelings to see it broke and i was very relieved that was all of the damage, so that was enough for me to make sure i used locktite on the Mfactory bolts before i installed it lol

And now the tranny is all back together working properly with the Mfactory installed man i can't wait to drive this thing lol

Comment

• I'm glad you get all these lucky breaks!! no pun intended...looks great Chris, can't wait to see your next updates!
                      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I know eh? this is now the 3rd internal failure and i've only had to replace the case once lol and everytime i managed to drive it home haha hopefully i don't have anymore break downs tranny wise lol

Comment

• so the mfactory bolt was fine? it looks like there is a head of a bolt laying on your work bench its hard to tell from the angle? i hope the bolts are good, there custom! only place to get a spare would be mfactory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            I know eh? this is now the 3rd internal failure and i've only had to replace the case once lol and everytime i managed to drive it home haha hopefully i don't have anymore break downs tranny wise lol
                            Thank God you didn't forget it was a 5-speed! I've done that, after having been used to the 6-speed in the Beetle, and damn near threw the Conquest in reverse at 55mph. Oops.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• You should contribute to alldata !! LOL
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                                so the mfactory bolt was fine? it looks like there is a head of a bolt laying on your work bench its hard to tell from the angle? i hope the bolts are good, there custom! only place to get a spare would be mfactory.
                                Re-read the post and you'll find your answer
                                Last edited by Damkid; 02-02-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X