No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good Chris! This car will be such an animal. Dibs on a ride at FMsix!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• yeah that baby is sweeeeeeeet!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• So tonight i wrapped and painted the downpipe

Puled the stock booster off and compared it to the protege one (festiva booster on the right)

Then got it installed

And since i have lots of wrap left over, i put a little bit on my master cylinder for added security

Then moved my fuel filter so its tucked away

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Got the Y pipe and turbo/blanket reinstalled for the last time

Then finally started making my new rad pipe, I got this far and ran out of wire lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• drool

Comment

• agreed

nice work chris
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Shes getting there! are you getting all quagmire yet? Giggity Giggity!!
                93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                123.7mph highest trap
                95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• Originally posted by dueces View Post
                  Shes getting there! are you getting all quagmire yet? Giggity Giggity!!
                  Lol yup, I'm hoping to have all the mechanical stuff finally finished over the weekend

Comment

• Looking good Kid,keep it up.
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• We should do this to my brother's MX-3 if he gets it lol. What about KJs? Isn't that what the Millenia-S used? That seems like a pretty potent motor. I got to drive one while diagnosing a problem with the back brakes for a co-worker a couple years ago. It was beast for being a full size sedan. It would be pretty exciting in a Festiva or even the MX-3.
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I agree the KJ would be wild in a smaller car, but be prepared to keep a spare SC though, the ECU looks for signals from the tranny which also controls the bypass valve, it runs 12psi in first gear, 14psi in the rest of the gears, without input from the auto trans, it runs 0psi, what DurWood (the current owner of my old KJ P5) did is "tricked" the ECU to think it's moving in first gear to get the 12psi, but it still throws a CEL

Plus the KJ is very bulky compared to a KL and it would take a bunch of engine mods to fit one in a festiva

But I will say, I think the KJ is a very neat engine and I may mess around with one again in the future
                        Last edited by Damkid; 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• I was thinking probably going in the MX3 with it, instead of a KLDE. I know he's not gonna spring for a KLZE, but every once in a while my $150 V6 pull-a-part gets an "S" in and it'd be fun to try. But I've done some reading up on the 2.5 and it looks like its pretty much like doing a later B6 into a festy, a little bit of work to do on the intake but no major custom parts, and they stock MX6/626 all day long there. I'm curious to find out exactly what "high mileage" means on that MX3 when we go to pick it up. To some folks that over 300k, but some people say high mileage at 150k when these little Mazdas are barely even broken in. What kinda gas mileage were you getting with the KL before you ripped it apart again?
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• It really depends on how I drove it lol If I was nice to it I could get almost 300km (180 miles) per tank, that's the max I could ever get out of it lol

Comment

• Got done work early today so i decided to get my coolant pipe finished up today

I decided to make the flip around like this since it was easier to make, plus the old one just looked weird lol

Here's a pic of the old setup

Final test fitting the new pipe

Then a coat of paint (although the pic really sucks)..... once it's dry, it get the pipe installed and hopefully the rest of the front end as well

Thats it for now
                              Last edited by Damkid; 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Wow, there's so much room in that engine bay with the whole front end removed! Lol
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X