M3NTALS B6T Build Thread pics always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
    Looks like they are all hp graphs with no torque. If you look down in the left corner it has run1 run2 and run3 in 3 different colors that match the 3 different curves.
    this

Comment

• I agree. Where's the TQ curve? HP doesn't tell the story without the TQ, boost, and AF.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• M3NTALS B6T Build Thread pics always

I don't get it. It makes sense to me. Engine tq and hp. Small turbo runs out too soon. Afrs are on the graph too. That's the line that is dropping.
        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 12-07-2016, 07:15 PM.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• A 2560 isn't small for a 1.6 though. It's an upgrade for the sr20det, which is a 2.0. The same turbo on a greddy 1.6 Miata kit pulls past 6 no problem, and the b6t manifold is a better shape than that greddy manifold. Also, TQ and HP always cross at 5252 RPM or the calibration/correction is inaccurate. Also, as Arty mentioned, a TQ curve with that steep of a rise would net a much steeper HP curve. The HP curve on that graph looks like it should have a pretty flat TQ curve. It's really hard to tell with the picture at an angle and not being able to read what the lines represent, but my first guess was all HP curves with the red one being AF and that perfectly linear line being some function that wasn't used.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Blue is listed as torque, red as power, I don't see an explanation for the green. At least that's how I read it.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• With a forced or better n/a intake/head, what can a b3 and b6 wind out to if it's cleanly balanced?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Untouched, a stock carb b3 will pull past 7200, but it's choking out due to lack of air. With mods, and better valve train, 8k is possible. Obviously the engine wasn't designed for anywhere near that, so reliability lakes a dump.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X