shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Probably what I'll end up getting. I've been using a old Hobart handler 120 that dad says he bought in the 90s. I've got it on highest heat setting but it won't burn in just piles it up on top. We paid $200 to have it fixed a few months ago.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

paid $600 for mine a few years ago. Don't know how many hundreds of pounds of wire have been thru it so far, never missed a beat.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

just a little tip... i have a POS welder, and dosnt weld anything thick... but i found out that if i have it on the plug in the shop closest to the breaker panal, it welds a TON better... and dont use extension cords to weld with unless they are heavy duty ones ment for high draw things...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          paid $600 for mine a few years ago. Don't know how many hundreds of pounds of wire have been thru it so far, never missed a beat.
          Dad suprised me with a new hobart 140 today lol banana time. He said a miller was 300 more and since the other one lasted us this long well try another,

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
          just a little tip... i have a POS welder, and dosnt weld anything thick... but i found out that if i have it on the plug in the shop closest to the breaker panal, it welds a TON better... and dont use extension cords to weld with unless they are heavy duty ones ment for high draw things...
          hmmmm Ill have to try that before I set up the new one. It started doing it halfway through a job so I kinda doubt it.

Way too many cars

Comment

Sweetness!!! Gotta love a dad like that!!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Well hopefully he'll keep doing stuff like that since I just figured out it it was the extension cord I was using not the welder.

Way too many cars

Comment

DOH!!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Made some progress on the front mount.

Way too many cars

Comment

Wow, that is a nice setup! I assume you are going to box those two angle pieces together?

Comment

lookin good is that all your gonna have for the front mount? just the one tube? i would add another to the brace behind the first one to make a triangle, make it super strong

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Yup there's going to be another piece to brace it. I just didn't get that far last night.

Way too many cars

Comment

Finally got around to finishing the front mount.

Way too many cars

Comment

nice pm me a price on that one !
                            New build on the way .

Comment

Assuming that this would work for all Gseries, even with the Kia pass. side axle instead of the int. shaft. I wouldn't mind hearing a ballpark price on one of these.
                              Owner of:
                              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                              In progress:
                              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

As of right now I can only guarantee fitment for b3,b5?,b6/d/t, with e,f, and cable g transmissions with halfshaft. If someone would donate/ sell me a cheap bp/b8 and a hydro g I could make a set for those.

As far as pricing I'm not really sure probably 300 for a complete mount set. More if you want poly mounts.

I am thinking about making sets that reuse the factory crossmember. It wouldn't place the motor as low or as far back but it'd be a cheaper option.

Most of this is just my daydreaming while at work but if someone wants to put down some money on it I'll gladly make whatever they want. Everyone says they'll buy something but when its time to pay suddenly no one wants it anymore. Between work and all the side jobs I have right now I barely have time to work on my own vehicles and I'm not going to waste what little free time I have on something no one is going to buy.

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                                X