No announcement yet.

Aspire BP swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try to avoid fs sections anymore, I always find something I "need" so I haven't looked lately... In the last month or two.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
      Not to thread jack, but do you know of anybody over there selling a bp harness and ecu? I need one if the price is right

I have an ecu, but not a spare harness.

Just sent ya the wiring spreadsheet
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• That's what about everybody says lol. Got no bp proteges around here either. Thanks anyway
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

• I still need a clutch, eBay only comes up with 6 hits for 93 mazda protege dohc clutch kits, and I dont know if I trust the xtr brand since their stage 2 is rated for more than the stage 3. F1 racing stage 3 is only rated 270+/-....I'm trying to find act clutches, I really need to order this thing before my fiance spends all my money again.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• @ geezer, I went over on Cp.com last night and posted in 3 or 4 threads crying about needing a 1 st gen LX harness, and had 2 guys message me around 2pm today. Do you have an account over there? After I get mine ill let you know who to pm, I know one guy probably has a CPU for you too.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Yeah I've got an account over there. Don't think I've ever posted anything tho.that would be great if you wouldn't mind
              89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

• Alright, ill pm you as soon as I hear something back from either of them. I hope they come thru, it would make my job easier lol.. Aaron was right, it would take some serious work to make the aspire harness work, the ignition systems are different, and most of the plugs.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Yeah like I said when I was lookin at mine and comparing it to the festy one, there's quite a few differences there. That'd help me out a lot too. Don't really feel like building an entire engine harness lol.

Comment

• I wouldn't really have a problem with it if I had time, and a clue, but it would end up costing more for the wires than its worth. I gotta get this thing going as soon as I can, but its still a looong way from being done.

I got ahold of the guy and paid him for my harness, so hopefully he will have it shipped tomorrow like he said. I pm'd you about the other guy, he's parting out his car so I bet he's got the ecu and all for ya.
                    Last edited by zoom zoom; 05-24-2012, 08:43 PM.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I got the wiring harness in the mail 2 days ago, and yesterday I ordered a stage 1 Southbend clutch, rated for 250 tq. Also put in a rockauto order for the water pump, disty oring, a wheel bearing rebuild kit, and some other random stuff. I need to get a timing belt. I thought I saw someone had a blue one, but I don't know where I would get one like it!???!? anybody know!?

I have the intake manifold apart right now, been cleaning it on and off all day getting it ready for paint.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Gates Racing makes the blue timing belts. Supposed to be a higher quality material
                        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                        High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                        Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

• ^ thanks for the info! Turns out, my favorite local parts store secretly doubles as one of rockautos warehouses. I found the belt I need, and marietta ignition has it in stock, so i'll save on shipping!

I got the clutch today!!! And an oil filter!

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• full faced clutch disk? I might try them out after I burn up the one I'm running lol
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Yea from what i can tell its just the same southbend pressure plate they use for stage 1-3, with an OE exedy disk, it has an exedy stamp on it, just a full faced organic sprung disk.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• interesting. Have a link?

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X