Festicle and xaero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festicle and xaero

ok so this garage will be dedicated to the festicle and xaero_81 old b6t festiva. The festicle was starting to burn oil and the body is a little to race car for me. So I bought Donny's festiva which he started doing a nice b6t swap on. I was planning on parting the festicle out and putting the semi built motor into Donny's car. Well my buddy Dan caught the festiva bug and decided he wanted to buy it and own a turbo festiva.

Mods list for Festice
    stock b6t
    rocketman ECU
    EGT g25mr
    full Alston race cage
    323 bf A control arms
    civic coil overs
    civic/del sol radiator
    probe intercooler
    fuel safe cell
    Wilwood master cylinder
    capri xr2 knucles
    egt calipers
    Galant rotors

xaero_81 festiva
    Weisco pistons
    Cat rods
    ported polished miata head 1+mm over sized Super tech valves and springs
    mx-3 custom intake with sheet metal upper
    Fidanza cam gears
    webb cams 505 cams
    Boundary Engineering oil pump
    ebay stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel
    AEM EMS pnp for miata
    Kia trans w/straight cut 3-4 PAR gears, has plate mod (ferdis old trans)
    LSD Mfactory diff
    Toyota COP set up
    EBay FMIC
    BMW VTPS sensor
    miata daisy rims
    aspire swap
    GarrettGT2560? Tag is missing seems to be a Ball Bearing not sure on trim
    Tial wastegate

Things need to buy
    Shocks/struts
    coil overs
    sump for gas tank
    fuel pump
    IAT, EGT, sensors
    Jeep idle air controller set up
    material for turbo manifold
    material for custom A control arms

Clinton a former FF member who has built numerous turbo festivas is in charge of the fabricating, wiring and tuning for both Festicle and xaero_81. Yea we took the lazy way out but he know the wiring like the back of his hand.

Festicle custom tubular cross member to fit KIA G/ G25mr trans

Mazda 323 bf arms installed (Clinton's fabrication work)

random festicle shot

cross member

mystery T25 Garrett for Xaero

Cat rods compared to my K1 rod (for bpt)

Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 04-22-2012, 11:16 PM.

Woah! I had no idea Xaeros car had that much work on it.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

i guess i should clearify, the stock b6t is going into the black festicle. The built motor is going in Xaero's car. The engine is currently at the machine shop getting new rods installed, balanced and assembled. I will pick up the short block probably next weekend and start assembling the long block.

Comment

That red car is dangerous! Please don't drive with newspaper on all the windows!

GL with the project.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Does that car have increased caster over the OEM suspension? I am running into that right now with my A-arm swap. I'm building in adjustment to the mounts but I am trying to get a feel for how much adjustment I will need.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

small update. Pick up the bottom end from the machine shop. Installed ARP head studs. Installed my ported head with super tech 1+mm valve and upgraded valve springs. Used copper SCE head gasket. rebuilt HLA's . Im stuck at the cams at the moment, I have a set of Web regrind cams, i didnt think there was anything wrong with them but my brother seems to think there messed up. The tips of the lobes are shiny, it doesnt have a through wear pattern like the stock cams had. My brother thinks that maybe with the stock springs there was some valve float, causing the tips to be the only point of contact? Any opinions? should i be concerned? Should i just run them? I will take some better pictures later. I was thinking of sending the pictures to Web cams to get there opinion. Im not sure what would cause this.

Comment

its "shiny" at the tip of the lobes cause thats where the valve spring has the most pressure on the lobe, on the "ramp" of the cam the contact patch of the lobe and the HLA is much bigger so it dosnt show wear as much... its normal...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                its "shiny" at the tip of the lobes cause thats where the valve spring has the most pressure on the lobe, on the "ramp" of the cam the contact patch of the lobe and the HLA is much bigger so it dosnt show wear as much... its normal...

hmm also they seems pitted towards the edges, you think thats normal?

Out of all the cams ive had seen(1.6 gtx,bpt 1.8, bp05 ect) i never seen it like this. But i was also thinking these are regrinds, i belive the weld the tips and regrind them, so the dissimilar metal just may look shiny? ill get a better picture tomorrow. Also you can see the edges seemed chipped?

Comment

small update, well after doing some talking with a engine builder on miataturbo i decided it maybe best to send my head to him to go through the valve train, replace the guids, re cut the valve sears and guide throat. Heads all boxed up and will be shipped Monday. I bought a miata/honda hybrid intake manifold. so back to the waiting game.

Comment

So for a 323 A control arm, do we use the front mount as is? What about the sway bar?
                    rusEfi - DIY ECU
                    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

no sway bar, use the stock location and make a u bracket.

Comment

Small update, I lost my fabricator so i had to find a new shop willing to take on the project. Well i think i found a great guy he has lots of ideas and is really interested in the project. here is some progress from today, I will be going out there Friday to drop off some parts and help out.

Comment

^ whats the purpose behind moving the axle shaft mount out like that?
                          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

the xr2 mid shaft will not line up with the block properly using the Kia g25mr trans, so you need to modify how it bolts to the block, its at a different angle. i would have preferred it closer to the block but this is still going to get the job done and is nice and straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                              the xr2 mid shaft will not line up with the block properly using the Kia g25mr trans, so you need to modify how it bolts to the block, its at a different angle. i would have preferred it closer to the block but this is still going to get the job done and is nice and straight.
                              gotcha I thought it was regular cable g5mr , thx for answer
                              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Working...
                              X