Festicle and xaero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festicle and xaero

How much did you give for that crank pulley? Where do you get one?
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

$322 you have to pre order them, I think there only making them in like batchs of 10, alot cheaper then the ATI option

Comment

small update, met with the wiring guy, got an idea of where we need to mount the sensor and placement of certain components. We are using the miata manifold but the throttle body will be removed and fabricated upward towards the fender where we are going to route the charge pipes through. Well where taking the flange off, i decided might as well upgrade the throttle body size to prevent the air from bottle necking at the throttle body. I bought a universal 65mm cnc throttle body. We decided today we are not going to run a IAC.

Comment

sooo fancy, digging the manifold.

this thing is going to blindside all the bp's muahaha

b6 for life.

Comment

no big updates, just got some more parts in the mail. The plan for this build was to utilize E85 for the higher octane and a cheaper price then running race gas. Well at first we planned on making 2 tunes, one for E85 and the other for regular 93 octane. As I had done more research on ethanol fuel I found out even though a pump claims E85, it could actually be 65-100 percent ethanol. So every time I filled up with e85 I would would need to re tune the computer to get the most out of each tank of gas. So that's where the Zeitronix gauge and ems-4 come in. With the E85 gauge I will know exactly what percentage i'm getting from the pump and it will be able to send a signal to the ECU which will be able to adjust the tune based upon the ethanol content. This will hopefully make if dummy proof and a true flex fuel vehicle! wheres my tax credits?

here is a side by side of the Subaru pillow ball mount, and a custom pillow ball mounts that Evogun made for me. I was putting them side by side to figure out what will need to be trimmed.

Comment

Are those pillowball mounts that Evogun made for the stock struts or something else? Also, would it be possible to get another set?

Also, the build looks great so far!
              Last edited by gergorian; 03-24-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

WOW... hotwheels you dont mess around at all do you?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                  Are those pillowball mounts that Evogun made for the stock struts or something else? Also, would it be possible to get another set?

Also, the build looks great so far!
                  The pillow ball mounts can be used with stock struts, they where not cheap. I would suggest emailing Evogun to see if he can still make them. Or buy the Subie mounts and make your own plates should be pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                    WOW... hotwheels you dont mess around at all do you?!?!?
                    Yea this was suppose to be my budget build..... and i still have another bpt festiva i want to build, this will be the daily driver and the bpt will be the race car.

The fabricator is almost done with the hot side!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                      The pillow ball mounts can be used with stock struts, they where not cheap. I would suggest emailing Evogun to see if he can still make them. Or buy the Subie mounts and make your own plates should be pretty simple.
                      Oh ok. I will have to look at the Subie route. I have a friend that has a mill, lathe and all the fun tools to shape metal so maybe I could see what he can do. Are those Subie mounts just ebay knockoffs or legit brands?

Comment

this build will be epic

Comment

thanks buddy! i need a big "doap" sticker for the side so i can gain an extra 5hp! Hey did you see if you can get any festi stuff like we discussed for the other members like clutches?
                          Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

PM me with a list and year make and model so I know what car to look up when looking for clutches.

Comment

still waiting on the welder! ive been collecting more parts my list for the blue car is pretty complete just need some small odds and ends. Once this car is done the Grey BP-T car will begin. here are some pics of parts ive been collecting for both cars.

OEM parts, door seals, shifter rebuild, aspire e-brake cable, aspire brake shields

AEM pencil coils (b6t), Zeitronix E-85 gauge(b6t) AEM coil pack (BP_T), TurboXS knock sensor (b6t), ATI balancer (BP-T) Fuel Lab electronic regulator (b6t) OEM trailing arm bushings (b6t)

JE 9.5-1 pistons (BP-T) K1 rods (BP-T) ACT prolite chrome moly fly wheel (BP-T), Boundary Engineering Cam gears, (bp-t? b6t?)

ACT stage 3? clutch and HD pressure plate. (BP-T), AEM EMS-4 and harness (b6t)

Autometer phantom II tach, and a Ford racing tach (b6t) I really wanted the Ford racing but couldnt find one at first so i bought the Phantom, in the mean time someone sent me a message and they had a Ford Racing! Im torn on which tach to use.

2 fuelab 1300 hp variable speed DC pumps

Comment

wow. I wish I had money.
                                subbin
                                "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Working...
                                X