The Festiva Advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want 2 and 3 as well!
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

In for parts 2 and 3!

C'mon Charlie! It's too hot in AZ to be workin on a car anyway :mrgreen:
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

This is intriguing. I hope he gives a recommended parts list. I am looking into building a fastiva at some point in the next couple years and I'm trying to do as much research as I can so the investment will be feasible.
        My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

MOAR!!
          91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
          Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
          Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Right?
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Just a side note, I have literally driven every suspension package imaginable on a mk1/mk2 VW, from Autotech, Nuespeed, Ground Control, ABD, tt, Shine, Bilstein, Koni, Sachs, Carrara, H&R, Moton, ABT, Raceland, Ohlins and JRZ. I've owned or installed them all. I've track tuned more VWs than I can remember and owned close to 50 cars myself. If you need advice about getting your MK1/2 to go faster I'll tell you a big secret. Sell it and get a Festiva. I love my dubs, but they are show cars now, I don't take them seriously after owning this Festiva, and all my VW friends who ride in this car know why. I hang out with guys who drive M5s, S4s, and 911s. They all respect the Festiva because none of them can keep up with it.
              There's a fairly recent option to make a mk1 go fast. Go to eurowise.com and order a vr6/mk1 swap kit.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The way the vr6 sits, there's a lot of weight over the front axle!! Though I will admit maybe it's a straight line racer after this swap. Not sure you can get it to turn like a track car should.

So, besides the funny name that's hard to pronounce, do you have any real thoughts on the Daihatsu Charade? I've been looking for one but they are real rare also. I did a nationwide search of all pick-a-parts and only found 1 car in California.
              What about thoughts on the early Nissan Pulsar 84-85?
              Is the Chevy Sprint comparable/same as Suzuki/Geo Metro? The Sprint seems to have a similar front sway/stabalizer suspension set-up as a Festiva (and Saturn's).

Which leads me to my other mistress that I secretly love, the S-Series Saturn.
              Though slightly more than 2,000lbs they still are somewhat light with their polymer panels and don't suffer from panels that are "pocked" like the moon surface with dings and dents.Oh how I love me Saturn's.

I look forward to you next installment. Interesting read!

Edit: I suddenly realized Saturn's and Nissan Pulsars are not "hatches" as the others examples you compared are.
              Last edited by wwwdotgov; 07-20-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwdotgov View Post
                There's a fairly recent option to make a mk1 go fast. Go to eurowise.com and order a vr6/mk1 swap kit.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Your link is broken. you need to remove this portion of it. youtube.com/?app=desktop#/watch?list=PLeFNPKyk0DK9JlQhmg9EqnxGFCY70x6u1&v=GD IAVxtfWro

Comment

Isnt the colt and the charade the same. Or am i thinking of another car.
                  There is a built charade around the corner from me, ill snap a pic if hes out tomorrow.
                  Fast....Women are fast
                  Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Define money and define parts. There's a ton of trial and error to find a terrific setup.
                    The point is that asking him what his setup costs Average Joe is going to be a totally different animal than where his bank account stands Ask instead, "what would I pay to get to where your car is at?"
                    I would say its not how fast you wanna go.
                    Rather it is "how fast do you wanna spend" lol

As a person who has little money but sees money as unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I would like to say based on experience.
                    If you enjoy something, then invest in your enjoyment.
                    Dont ever think "will i ever get my money back" or is "it worth it"

Rather if it is something you truly enjoy, you wont think twice about spending any amount of money.
                    Because you will be paying for the experience not the object.
                    Last edited by rmoltis; 08-01-2015, 02:21 PM.
                    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

I really enjoy my festy, But I am also a CHEAP-O. Its just as fun for me to enforce a tight budget on myself than to just spend hella bank on a brand new everything. its fun sitting around waiting for a deal knowing you're getting what you want the way you want it.
                      Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
                        I really enjoy my festy, But I am also a CHEAP-O. Its just as fun for me to enforce a tight budget on myself than to just spend hella bank on a brand new everything. its fun sitting around waiting for a deal knowing you're getting what you want the way you want it.
                        That's funny. My Festiva just sits around waiting for me to spend "hella bank" on it. Something is always breaking. But I do beat on it pretty good. Stupid parts like alternators because they don't like 7000 rpms I guess. Haha
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                          That's funny. My Festiva just sits around waiting for me to spend "hella bank" on it. Something is always breaking. But I do beat on it pretty good. Stupid parts like alternators because they don't like 7000 rpms I guess. Haha
                          Same here, mine just sits in the garage waiting to be chopped up lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                            Huh, ive had my festiva since 07 and put over 200k on it and parts dont seem to break for me. Other than those stupid glass headlamps, and my distributor. Oh and i have no heat. But i decided just before i got married that i should get a 'more reliable' car. 4 7th gen civics later the festiva is my daily driver again because of how unreliable the civics are. I dont beat on them though, trailer towing, gravel roads and a couple times to the redline each oil change is all they see.
                            When do your valves start floating? I accidentaly hit about 7200rpm once while racing someone around a corner and im pretty sure i heard my valves starting to float, but i wasn't 100% certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm putting down probably pretty close to 300 hp. I've had it up to 7200 before didn't hear any valve float. It also has an exhaust cam swap.
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

My festy only goes to 6k. What do I have to do to hit 7200?
                                Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Working...
                                X