• Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions...

...or...

Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Do you have a picture of the baffle plate from before you put it in? And i think the chrome cap looks better but you would have to lean the tire against the car with them on to really be able to tell.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Body colored rims, chrome caps.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Oh no, you aren't going to drive that beauty in the winter, are you Ian?
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            Body colored rims, chrome caps.
            I'm going to stick with the black rims and chrome center caps. The more I look at the aqua cap the more I dislike it... LOL

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Oh no, you aren't going to drive that beauty in the winter, are you Ian?
            That's the plan, though probably not as much as I would normally drive it in the summer.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• 😨 at the very least coat the underside and inside the rockers with a lot of fluid film or rust preventative oil.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I would gain access to the lower door sills, via the rear panels or the caps under the carpet, and fill them with something to prevent rot. The sills arent sealed on these cars and that's where salt/dirt/moisture gather and rust the seams.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-14-2016, 08:23 AM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Pulled the Festiva into the garage to start on a head gasket replacement. Coolant started disappearing and there was a tell-tale billow of mostly white smoke on startup. Will take the opportunity to have the head decked and replace the valve stem seals. I'll also take the opportunity to hook up the catch can I made a while ago, install the oil pressure sender for the gauge and wire that up, and then install the wide band O2 sensor and AFR gauge.

It's a good thing we built the garage extra long as I am able to fit the Festiva and the Bugeye in and still close the door!

Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Guess where the head gasket was leaking???

Here's a shot of the fan on the radiator that I forgot to take when I first installed it...

It turns out it was a good time for this to happen as several of the cam bearing journal bolts were loose!
                    Last edited by fastivaca; 04-02-2017, 09:46 PM.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• At least #4 is nice and clean.

Comment

• While I had the head off I thought I would take advantage of all the extra space and install the oil pressure sender...

...and my homemade oil catch can...

The bottom hose goes back to the oil pan, the very top hose vents to atmosphere in the fender well, the two hoses coming off the front go to the block vent and the valve cover. The B6T comes equipped with
                        the inlet into the oil pan and the outlet on the back of the block so that makes things fairly staightforward. PCV valve will be eliminated.

Also going with a Cometic MLS head gasket...

A big thank you to Dragonhealer for hooking me up with that gasket!
                        Last edited by fastivaca; 04-06-2017, 11:17 PM.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• I've always liked the cometic stuff. How do you like that fan? I just picked one up but I wired mine to push and I stuck it between the bumper and radiator to make some space. Probably because it's blue and ugly but it was $10 so hey.

Comment

• I really like the fan; it's an 11" Maradyne. I didn't have the option of putting the fan on the front as I'm running A/C and the condenser is in the way. The way I have it installed clears everything it has to but it's tight.
                            Last edited by fastivaca; 04-06-2017, 11:43 PM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Found it

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jbona1 View Post
                                Found it

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
                                :thumbs_up:
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X