Pedro the Festiva's build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Looks really nice. What's that black thing sticking out of the grill?
    P.O. mounted fog lights to the bumper with the license plate holes.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      P.O. mounted fog lights to the bumper with the license plate holes.
      Ah. I couldn't tell if those things that appeared to be on the bumper were not actually just in the background.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Something tells me that's not a very rigid way to mount fog lights
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Something tells me that's not a very rigid way to mount fog lights

They were pretty solid. There was no plate bracket, they were bolted directly into the bumper support with 6mm bolts, washers and spacers. I took them off, but I like the fact that no extra holes were drilled in the bumper. They did drill 2 small holes in the otherwise perfect early model grill which makes me sad, but that can be fixed easily enough. They also installed a loud horn that I've removed.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-05-2015, 01:54 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

No new pictures this weekend. I came down with the flu. But I was able to round up most of the major parts to build the B6D from spare parts I had. I stripped the B6ZE down to the short block and loaded it ,and a bunch of other ancillary parts, up into my truck to be cleaned and inspected. Should be able to start putting the engine together soon.

Comment

The engine is all torn down and things are mostly cleaned. Thursday, Clay (AZgtx) and I had a block party in his garage. By block party I mean we both ran a ball hone through our b6 blocks to re hatch them. His is on the stand, mine is on the floor.

Today I pulled the dash out of Virginia and started removing the 89 auto wiring harness. I'm going to make a modified harness with a N/A Capri harness that I forgot I had. I'm going to use an N/A Capri ECU to control the B6D. This should run pretty good.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-17-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Pedro's block is cleaned, inspected and painted a hot chile pepper red.

It's only fitting that I'm eating a burrito and enchilada plate from Filly B's while lapping in the valves. After they are lapped in I'll clean up the ports a bit and mill the deck.

Comment

I was just gonna say"nice looking engine work so far" but at midnight here, that burrito is really gettin' my attention.
                  -Bryant

Comment

Not going to lie, the burrito and enchilada have stolen my attention and I'll probably get sleepy and put the rest of these valves off till tomorrow. Haha. I'm just glad that I can lap valves while watching netflix.

Comment

You gotta check out "Californication". LMK if you can still lap those valves while watching Netflix.
                      -Bryant

Comment

I ended up watching almost all of season 4 of Breaking Bad last night whilst lapping all 16 of those little buggers. I'm smoothing the ports a little and milling it today. Should be able to start assembling Pedro's new piston pump on Friday.

Comment

Nothing like lapping valves in your kitchen haha awesome Charlie!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Today I pulled the dash out of Virginia and started removing the 89 auto wiring harness. I'm going to make a modified harness with a N/A Capri harness that I forgot I had. I'm going to use an N/A Capri ECU to control the B6D. This should run pretty good.
                            I'd be interested in how this goes. I have an '89 auto that I want to build with a BP. I was wondering about the vacuum advance distributor and how the wiring might be worked out. Pedro will be a very fun driver.
                            Last edited by David88; 01-23-2015, 12:34 PM.
                            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

This weekend I finished cleaning the fuel tank, lines and brackets. I removed the steering rack, bumper, fenders, master cylinder and booster,and fuel lines from Pedro. The master cylinder was leaking, so I got a master cylinder and booster from a 99 miata that I'll put in there. With all the stuff out of the engine bay I took the opportunity to wash it. This took a long time because I had to work with brushes and a bucket of soapy water. My storage lot doesn't have water so no pressure washing this bay. Here are some before and after pictures.

Comment

Beautiful

I'm taking a guess that you'll be doing the lower rad support mod to this one as well?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X