No announcement yet.

OverKILL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang thats really good man! You oughta get a camera mounted so I can see So if you werent trail braking does that mean you were taking more rwd lines or just not braking? As I read it seems like you just slowed down (braked early)? Keep up the good work!
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

• Originally posted by fudge View Post
      Dang thats really good man! You oughta get a camera mounted so I can see So if you werent trail braking does that mean you were taking more rwd lines or just not braking? As I read it seems like you just slowed down (braked early)? Keep up the good work!
      Yes i just slowed down early and a lot. I could have trail braked and maybe picked up quite a bit of time. But i was running pretty good so i just stayed with it. I really wanted to test the two different sets of tires back to back with the same style to see which one worked best. Im having some braking issues i need to work on as well. I think next time out i will be doing much better. I am going to be do ing some more TEST driving soon.

I hade the car on the very edge of getting lose. On a big turn where i normally understeer for days the car wanted to slide but was holding a line with just a hair of understeer. I think with a bit more rear tire pressure and or going back to my 120 springs the car will be right where i want it. On that big turn which it seems we have each time i want to car to ever so slightly DRIFT it while under steady gas. That way i dont have to slow down into that turn i can find my max speed and just carry it all the way around it. That would be good for at least a full second on that giant turn. On the tight 180 i completely screwed them. I didnt undertseer but i slowed way way down. If i had trail braked i could have picked up a ton of time there. Same for the back 180 and the final turn.

I have work to do on my style more so then the car at this point. I think the rear camber was my main issue. After my fastest lap i felt my rear tires and they actually felt a bit cool to the touch. Zero heat in them even on the outer edges. I liked the car way more this time out. New brake booster and i think im good to go.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by fudge View Post
        Dang thats really good man! You oughta get a camera mounted so I can see So if you werent trail braking does that mean you were taking more rwd lines or just not braking? As I read it seems like you just slowed down (braked early)? Keep up the good work!
        Yes i just slowed down early and a lot. I could have trail braked and maybe picked up quite a bit of time. But i was running pretty good so i just stayed with it. I really wanted to test the two different sets of tires back to back with the same style to see which one worked best. Im having some braking issues i need to work on as well. I think next time out i will be doing much better. I am going to be do ing some more TEST driving soon.

I hade the car on the very edge of getting lose. On a big turn where i normally understeer for days the car wanted to slide but was holding a line with just a hair of understeer. I think with a bit more rear tire pressure and or going back to my 120 springs the car will be right where i want it. On that big turn which it seems we have each time i want to car to ever so slightly DRIFT it while under steady gas. That way i dont have to slow down into that turn i can find my max speed and just carry it all the way around it. That would be good for at least a full second on that giant turn. On the tight 180 i completely screwed them. I didnt undertseer but i slowed way way down. If i had trail braked i could have picked up a ton of time there. Same for the back 180 and the final turn.

I have work to do on my style more so then the car at this point. I think the rear camber was my main issue. After my fastest lap i felt my rear tires and they actually felt a bit cool to the touch. Zero heat in them even on the outer edges. I liked the car way more this time out. New brake booster and i think im good to go.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• O my sd card failed on me. Its old and i guess finally had it. I didnt have time to go get a new one. Ill make sure i get video on OCT 8
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            O my sd card failed on me. Its old and i guess finally had it. I didnt have time to go get a new one. Ill make sure i get video on OCT 8
            You tried formatting it right?
            Cards get messed up if not formatted often enough.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
              You tried formatting it right?
              Cards get messed up if not formatted often enough.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
              Well i tried to try that. The card would not read on my phone, computer or camera. It was the cheapest card i could find like 5 years ago! I just need a new one.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• I will be swapping out my 185 60 13 slicks for some 205 60 13 slicks. I have yet another race this weekend. This will be our last point race of the season. I think we have one more after this just for fun tho. I cant wait to see what the 205 tires do for me.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Carlos was able to get my file fixed on my computer and im now able to tune again. All i will adjust is the launch control. I will be doing some test n tune this Saturday. I hope i can get it all working like it should in time for the event Sunday. I would love to launch the same way each and every time to take that much out of the lap times. I have noticed that sometimes i get nervous and blow the tires at the start then shift to early or something.

Should be a fun weekend. Its my last point race of the season so i have to do all that i can.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Sad that your not going to be at Festiva madness in that beast

Comment

• Originally posted by errjam View Post
                      Sad that your not going to be at Festiva madness in that beast
                      I would love to go but my stupid job wont let me take off.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X