No announcement yet.

You know you drive a Festiva if.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now THIS is true..I saw one the other day and just about ran off the road looking!
    Originally posted by ShagFestiva View Post
    *Seeing another small car gets your attention so much that you almost rear-end someone

Comment

Originally posted by gtk7 View Post
      -your battery dies and you can still pop start it by yourself
      -your stuck in snow and only have to stick one foot out the door to push it out
      -you pull into a carshow and everyone stops, turns and looks at you then laughs
      -a truck is in front of you at the pick up drive through window and u can still pay at the first one
      -you can pass a cop speeding and they dont come after you
      -you have to constantly correct people of your rim size
      -you try to see how many people fit in the car then all get out at a public place to see peoples reaction
      -you use spare cash to fix/modify the car and still have money left over
      -you buy one just to save money on your insurance by adding it on the policy
      -buying 2 or 3 of them is usually cheaper then buying 1 ordinary car
      -you notice a festiva before a high end sports car in a parking lot
      These are hilarious. I about fell out of my chair :rofl:
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

... you have Pick-U-Part on speed dial.
        ... you have your browsers homepage set to something like:

... you think to yourself while talking to a cute chick "She only lives about two hours away, I bet in a year and a half, she'll want to replace her car" and you mark that day on your calendar to call her back.

... the donut for your car is smaller than most trucks steering wheels.
        ... you can pull in front of Tim Horton's window and by the time you're at the order speaker, they've got most of it together all ready.

... you have to think to yourself when ordering tires "Do I order these as Ford or Mazda today?"

... locksmiths do a double take when they go to cut your key and find out it's a Mazda blank they need.

... you take perverse glee parking in the narrow side of someone taking two parking spots.
        Carz:
        '09 Ford F-150
        '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
        '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
        225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
        ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

when your donut(spare tire) is larger than your regular tires. (spare is 13", regular tires are 12s)
          when your filling up at the gas station and the pump stops. you open your door and while still sitting in the drivers seat, you reach out with your left arm squeeze the pump handle to make it an even 20.00.

Comment

thats the most fun part, the sitting in my seat and making it an even dollar amount....
            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
            Projects in the works:
            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

…. After 300,000 miles “plus” I put the sign in the back window of Festie and updated it every 1000 miles or so. One day at Wal-Mart's parking lot, many years ago, a guy in his early twenties VERY arrogantly and in a VERY uneducated way and in front of his three other friends pointed at the sign in Festie's back window and making a SCENE and said out LOUD “WHO CARES”and made additional negative comments and they all laughed. Now that I am very, very, very close to 500,000 miles and still chugging, I think I'll have the last laugh.

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              Thought this may be a fun thread to start and see how many different things we can come up with. Maybe this has already been done, but here's my contribution:

You know you drive a Festiva if...........

*You notice every vehicle on the road that has a rear spoiler and wonder if it would fit your car.

*You carry a blanket in your car during the winter just to cover your legs while you drive

* The thought of swapping an entire motor just to gain 20hp makes you excited
              A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Boydg1,

How about an electronic real-time sign (driven from your speedo and a fuel flow meter through a simple microprocessor) saying "I'm getting nnn.n MPG"?

You'd surely need the hundreds digit for downgrades when you're in 5th with your foot off the accelerator or, better yet, shifted into neutral and idling the engine while doing 70mph.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by darrenryall View Post
                  ... you have Pick-U-Part on speed dial.
                  Ha ha, 90 percent of the numbers saved on my cell phone are either ff.com members, or pick and pulls.

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
                  …. After 300,000 miles “plus” I put the sign in the back window of Festie and updated it every 1000 miles or so. One day at Wal-Mart's parking lot, many years ago, a guy in his early twenties VERY arrogantly and in a VERY uneducated way and in front of his three other friends pointed at the sign in Festie's back window and making a SCENE and said out LOUD “WHO CARES”and made additional negative comments and they all laughed. Now that I am very, very, very close to 500,000 miles and still chugging, I think I'll have the last laugh.

Cool! Another member of the 500K club! And almost local to me. We have got to pull a WV meet together.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

You have a B6T in your spare bed room, and the trans in pieces in your living room. Your wife only says I better not trip over it and walks away.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      * You've actually considered purchasing a tool shed from Home Depot to use as a garage.
                      That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are! roflmao
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by helpfixmyfestie View Post
                        You have a B6T in your spare bed room, and the trans in pieces in your living room. Your wife only says I better not trip over it and walks away.
                        Dude, you married the right woman!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^^ Agreed!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                          91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

* you park in the shopping cart corral when theirs no close spots lol

Comment

With a smirk on your face you ask prius owners what kind of mileage they are getting.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

You find great joy in parking in the "Fuel Efficient" Parking spots- Best Buy has them I hate them but love to take one of them :p
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                                X