No announcement yet.

You know you drive a Festiva if.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know someone that made fun of your car(s) until gas hit $4/gal and then they bugged you to sell them one.

People constantly ask you how many MPG you get, ignoring the numerous other benifits.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

* You consider a 1.8 liter engine BIG POWER

* You have a picture of that same 1.8 liter engine on a T-shirt!

* You proudly wear said T-shirt in public & brag that you have 127 HP now!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

People you work with, who don't drive Festivas, have to tell you they are happy for you, but don't want to hear anymore about your "new" Festiva.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
          * you consider a 1.8 liter engine big power

* you have a picture of that same 1.8 liter engine on a t-shirt!

* you proudly wear said t-shirt in public & brag that you have 127 hp now!
          lol
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            People you work with, who don't drive Festivas, have to tell you they are happy for you, but don't want to hear anymore about your "new" Festiva.
            Scott I know how you feel. Everybody at my work must get tired of it too. I'm always thinking turbo this and turbo that....
            -Greg
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09

Comment

I think that bug has bitten me. I'm already mulling over a B3T, just to get my feet wet.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                I think that bug has bitten me. I'm already mulling over a B3T, just to get my feet wet.
                That's what I had planned to do with Blue, until Greg talked me into a B6/rear turbo. (It didn't take all that much convincing.)

BTW Greg I'll be there on Friday 29 January.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

okee dokeee
                  -Greg
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09

Comment

-You know you drive a Festiva when you don't have a trip counter in your cluster
                    -You only have one windshield washer nozzle on your hood
                    -You have no heat in the winter
                    -You hit your passenger's knee when engaging fifth gear
                    -You can flip your rear windows open by flipping the seat rearwards and reach back
                    -Your car changes lanes when a semi or big SUV flies by you
                    -You're one of the only FWD cars still venturing on the road in the worst possible snowstorm
                    -Your monthly insurance payment costs less than filling up your car with gas (at least in my case)
                    -Your window frames look like they want to tear off when catching a severe wind drift
                    -And finally, you know you drive a Festiva when some people lust after your factory rear spoiler hehehe!!!
                    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                      you know you drive a Festiva when some people lust after your factory rear spoiler hehehe!!!
                      :tongue9:
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

When you calculate your next check and find out what you can afford to buy for your festy!
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^^ oh I so do that... hahaha
                          -Josh R

Comment

-your battery dies and you can still pop start it by yourself
                            -your stuck in snow and only have to stick one foot out the door to push it out
                            -you pull into a carshow and everyone stops, turns and looks at you then laughs
                            -a truck is in front of you at the pick up drive through window and u can still pay at the first one
                            -you can pass a cop speeding and they dont come after you
                            -you have to constantly correct people of your rim size
                            -you try to see how many people fit in the car then all get out at a public place to see peoples reaction
                            -you use spare cash to fix/modify the car and still have money left over
                            -you buy one just to save money on your insurance by adding it on the policy
                            -buying 2 or 3 of them is usually cheaper then buying 1 ordinary car
                            -you notice a festiva before a high end sports car in a parking lot
                            Last edited by gtk7; 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM.
                            It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
                            90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
                            89 LX auto- sold to a friend
                            89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
                            99 Jeep Cherokee SE
                            07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                            07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

^Those are pretty good.
                              I've noticed three different Festivas in my town (3000 people) and the neighboring town(<1000), that I never saw before a couple of weeks ago. And every time I see a little car with a square front, I stare to see what it is. There are two whites and an aqua? blue. I wonder if they'd notice if I removed a hatch from one of the white ones...
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

^^Theres about 6 festys in a salvage yard near me ive been borrowing bits and pieces from over the last few months

so far the only festys ive seen by me is the 3 in my driveway the half dozen or so in the salvage yard, the red 89 i sold to my friend but he sold it to someone in philly, one blue 93 an old lady drives, fortunately i get to be different, everyone seems to love a 2 step on a festy too haha
                                It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
                                90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
                                89 LX auto- sold to a friend
                                89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
                                99 Jeep Cherokee SE
                                07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                                07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

Working...
                                X