Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by syn3000 View Post
    After 3 days of rejection, finally found an emissions tester that tested models older than 1996. Passed. Tomorrow tag office to make it official...me owning Flash :woc:
    Congrats!

Looks like I accidentally tightened my serpentine belt too much and got my damn charge light again. Dammit.

Leave a comment:

• syn3000
    replied
    After 3 days of rejection, finally found an emissions tester that tested models older than 1996. Passed. Tomorrow tag office to make it official...me owning Flash :woc:

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    They have this horrible tendency to sort of weld themselves to the section they pass through. There are a few solutions that search may turn up. If you have a welder, there is a quick and dirty way to accomplish removal...

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    I had to grind the bolts off of Blue to get the struts off. The bolt was rusted solid in the strut sleeve. The bolt was turning but wasn't coming out. It broke the welded nut off on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    They have this horrible tendency to sort of weld themselves to the section they pass through. There are a few solutions that search may turn up. If you have a welder, there is a quick and dirty way to accomplish removal...

Going to try again with a new socket today

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I shop at Empire Liquidators a lot.
    *fangirl scream*

I think Im getting a new impact wrench tonight!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    +1 fusible links!

Bravekozak:
    Gonna go to Canadian Tire tomorrow and get a new socket and impact wrench...gonna definately have to get a set of impact sockets.
    I shop at Empire Liquidators a lot.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-21-2014, 05:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skimsucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    Put another speedo cable in mine. Skimsucka hooked it up! Thanks Rj.

Fa sho, Fa sho!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Tried removing the rear struts but the lower bolt on the driver side wont budge...cracked my socket. Now I think my electric impact is pooched too! Passenger side came out fine so I just tightened it back up.

Running rear maxima kyb grp 2 strut springs in the front now though lol.

Leave a comment:

• dirtroad demon
    replied
    I am new to the forum and just recently acquired a festiva i think i blew the motor in it i was riding some dirtroads and it started lossing power then smoking then the temp started to rise and shut off. I think rings cause of the amount of blowby out the oil fill hole but someone told me it could have jumped time plz help

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by darrenryall View Post
    Check those underhood fusible links. Bet you you've just lost one, likely the one closest to the left fender.

Do yourself a favor and replace them with these:

or even

I did that, and it made me a way happier camper.
    Thanks, I tried that, but that isn't the problem unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    +1 fusible links!

Bravekozak:
    Gonna go to Canadian Tire tomorrow and get a new socket and impact wrench...gonna definately have to get a set of impact sockets.

Leave a comment:

• darrenryall
    replied
    Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    Now I have to figure out why Blues headlights are not working all of a sudden.
    Check those underhood fusible links. Bet you you've just lost one, likely the one closest to the left fender.

Do yourself a favor and replace them with these:

or even

I did that, and it made me a way happier camper.

Leave a comment:

• darrenryall
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Will we be seeing either of these at Westiva in July?
    Depends on which one needs less work.. Farmstiva hit a porcupine and has a rubbing in the front left that's preventing me from driving. The new one has some (it sounds like) brake rubbing in the back, and I've never had it insured under my name.

But would love to do a Festiva road trip, may leave the wife at home on it because she doesn't like how small the Festy's are. Which makes it a selling feature some times. >=)

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I have a 3/4" breaker bar along with 3/4" drive impact sockets that won't crack.
    I'll split the body down the middle before I let a bolt get the better of me.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-20-2014, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Tried removing the rear struts but the lower bolt on the driver side wont budge...cracked my socket. Now I think my electric impact is pooched too! Passenger side came out fine so I just tightened it back up.

Running rear maxima kyb grp 2 strut springs in the front now though lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X