Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RallyRat
    replied
    Brake Master Cylinder. Because stopping is important.

Leave a comment:

• scottie
    replied
    @gomez how you go about releasing that inner clip on the inside of the joint/axle?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    yes it is possible and no damage. Just keep parts together.

Leave a comment:

• scottie
    replied
    Is it possible to remove a outter CV Joint from the axle without damaging the Joint? Any special tool to release that inner clip?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Only point of filling that I know of is the speedometer cable assembly. Remove it (the cable assembly/gear assembly)and pour the fluid in thru the opening.
    There's only one bolt that you have to remove, then twist the assembly and it should come out, and that one bolt may or may not be there.

Leave a comment:

• thatguy251
    replied
    Installed my new clutch, put everything back together and revised I didn't put my trans fluid in, what is the easiest point of filling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Changed out the accessorize belt since it was squealing like a cat was caught in there ever since the heavy rain we had yesterday, pulled it off and it was toast, backing had separated from the rubber, and like 6 teeth were missing.

Had a good run for a $5 cheapo belt, about a year or two.

What I find strange is Autozone Valuecraft belts are made in Korea, and the Duralast ones are made in Mexico. I would think the Korean made ones would be higher quality than the Mexican ones, even though the Korean ones are their budget brand.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I got the Viper light flash working today. Two flashes for driver's unlock. Another two flashes for all unlock. One flash for lock.
    I swapped the bulb from the RX-7 security light to the lighted ring around the cigar lighter. I replaced the bulb with an amber LED in the security light. Security light flashes on remote lock. Only one electrical problem remaining. The secondary horn honk doesn't work. I have double checked to make sure the Honda Spree horn beeps. The Viper is supposed to send a ground pulse to the second horn relay. I think I will check it out by switching relays, to see if the Spree will beep with my horn button.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-15-2014, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    That sounds awesome, if only i knew how to weld better... or have a welder... I need to do this bad to our body... we've been putting in too many self tapping screws to keep things in place and need some more permanent solutions... did you cut away any of the underside railing or just fit this stuff on and around it?

Leave a comment:

• Basement_Modder
    replied
    Went to work yesterday on repairing the frame rot near the driver's side rear beam mount. Welded 1/8" steel plate in place of a partially rotted frame bit, and filled the inside of another with a length of four 3/4" square stock pieces welded together as one 1.5" beam, bolted and welded in place. I have about 7 more feet of the 1/8" flat stock that I intend to use on and around the area, and as reinforcement on any other troubling areas of the chassis. In the end, the section of frame should be damn near one solid piece of steel, and will probably outlast the rest of the car.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    That means something. Find out what.

I have the exact same mark on the windshield of my van from a bolt flying off another vehicle on an elevated, divided expressway. The funny thing about a circular inpression is that the crack does not spread out. Mine has been that way for six years now.
    Only use nyloc nuts on the blade from now on and don't forget to say thanks.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-11-2014, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    was helping my dad with some yard work, as he pulled up the bolt holding the blade spun out, whizzed by my head at bullet like speeds. Cracked our windshield which I was standing right next to. Close one.

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    My driver's glass also tilts about 4" from the top.
    My passenger glass does not tilt. Both doors have new inner and outer belt moldings + new glass channel runs + new nylon window grommets.
    I believe something else is responsible for the issue.
    For now, the window still goes up and down fine, even with the tilt.
    It doesn't bother me, because I have a power winder and it straightens up when it gets to the top.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Replaced the 2 nylon window grommets that hold the drivers window in the track.
    It still tilts when raised.
    I need the window channel run. It binds in the area where the outside mirror is.
    Yes, I've used copious amounts of silicon spray. Don't help.
    Please let me know when the next 4Green order is ready.
    I'll get both Left & Right.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Ooo nice!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X