Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    Made a front strut bar. Adjustable too. Pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Resurrected the '90 after about 10 months off the road. New/used Aspire rack, new tie rods, new lower trans/engine mount, exhaust welded, oil change. Got an alignment yesterday, tires in a few weeks. Gonna try and find a nice price on Firestone Winterforce 175/70-13s. Boy she runs good for the hard life she's had.

Tune-up on the '89. NGK plugs and wires, new cap/rotor, new pcv valve and fuel filter. Washed the air filter. Now to find enough time in Indiana to fix the fairly major oil leak.. job keeping me in hotels 20-24 days/month makes that fairly difficult.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
    How well does the plastidipp stay on the bumper covers? How many coats do you apply?
    I couldn't tell you. I've only plastidipped wheels up until now. My brother, ThisVelologist, is the expert when it comes to plastidipping Festiva bumpers.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
    I installed new headlamp assemblies, a new speedometer cable, a new air filter, and a passenger side mirror. Later this weekend I'm draining and filling the radiator and plastidipping the bumpers. If my new head unit shows up in time, I'll install that as well.
    How well does the plastidipp stay on the bumper covers? How many coats do you apply?

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    I installed new headlamp assemblies, a new speedometer cable, a new air filter, and a passenger side mirror. Later this weekend I'm draining and filling the radiator and plastidipping the bumpers. If my new head unit shows up in time, I'll install that as well.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by J Eric View Post
    Today I replaced my shift bushings. They made a world of difference.
    I think the ones near the transmission are finally giving up the ghost on mine. Last few days it has been fighting me when getting into gear, it isn't loose, it just doesn't feel like the gears want to fully engage, mainly 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Today when pulling onto the highway shifting from 4th to 5th, slammed the gas and ground the gears at about 4500rpms thinking I was all the way in gear. Also today at a stop light when it turned green, thought I was in first, hit the gas and nothing, and sat there almost in a panic to get going trying to force it into 1st, but it was refusing for a good 5 seconds before it finally went in. Probably crawl under the car tomorrow and look at the bushings at the transmission while I have someone shift the gears.

I do have a Civic shortshifter though, but I seriously doubt that is the problem, since I have been driving it for over 2 years with it on the car and not having a problem.

Leave a comment:

• J Eric
    replied
    Today I replaced my shift bushings. They made a world of difference.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Twistiva: about 4 weeks ago - bought brand new carpet for it. StockInteriors.com - highly recommended.
    Twistiva: Last night - washed it.
    Twistiva: Tonight - continue working on door panel/card design (colors/materials/layout) so I can have brand new door cards made.
    Laztiva: about 10 days ago - signed the paperwork that will get me legal ownership of it after previous owner defaulted on taking posession of it.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    I have three spare used ones in the garage. Pm me if you can't find one. I'll let one go for $15 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    The thermostat cover part number is E8BZ-8592-B (Motorcraft RH-26).
    Wow, I've been looking everywhere for that! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    The thermostat cover part number is E8BZ-8592-B (Motorcraft RH-26).
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-22-2014, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    After throwing a fit with all the tact and class of a three year old. I gathered my self, had a snack, and realized I only broke the inlet, not anything on the motor. So not so bad news. Plus now a have an excuse for a Junkin' trip.

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    Broke it.... replacing the frigging thermostat. And *pop* the rear tab broke off. *sad face*

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Don't forget to clean out all of the crud under the valve cover oil baffle. Otherwise your PCV valve may not be able to function efficiently.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-19-2014, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• radarred
    replied
    Lets see, today I got my first Festiva, replaced valve cover gasket, taking the head off to drain crappy oil out, taking off holy exhaust pipes, removing back seats for a speaker set up. And cleaning it up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X