Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered tires on tirerack
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Not today but in recent history:
      Changed sparkplugs to NGK V-Power 6261. I had some Autolites in it that I just stuck in to get the motor running. Have no idea what heat range they are. Haven't noticed and power or mileage improvements. Not expecting any, but would be nice.

Blocked off radiator. Setup the cardboard to be adjustable and slide horizontally exposing up to half the radiator. However, the past few days have been unseasonably warm- supposed to hit 73 degrees today. My car heated up more than enough earlier but turning the heater on full brought the temp down to normal.

Turned up the gain and boost on my sub amp. I didn't know a 10" subwoofer could hit so hard- and still sound good- hardly any distortion at high volume on fast, hard beats. I've been running it at about 1/3-1/5 power on the amp and about 60% on the head unit. I'll just leave the amp turned up and use the head unit to turn down the bass when I don't want my rearview mirror to point downward.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Finally got around to doing a little more to Danny's motor today. Got the flywheel and clutch on the new motor, as well as the water pump and water neck. Still need to get the water inlet cleaned up and installed along with its pipe and o-ring. Pulled the old front crank seal too, but I forgot that the front seal was still in the other box-o'-parts back at my house, so I didn't get to finish up the seal and timing belt like I'd hoped. Oh well, there's a weekend coming up
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Swapped the JVC cd player over from the Aspire yesterday. Nice to have a good radio in there. Really needs some more bass though. Might start swapping the everything from the Aspire this weekend.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• a few days ago I installed my old exhaust from 2 years ago and a gas tank and the rear axle and wheels on my grey car.

last night, finally flex honed the b6. concerned however, as there is an indent in each wall from the oil ring section. 1,2,&4 aren't but .001-.002 maybe? or less. and #3 is awful...and there is general very minor pitting in each...

pics
              #3 http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8047.jpg
              #3 http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8048.jpg
              top view http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8053.jpg

I have a nylon abrasive brush I'm going to run through it as well but I'm wondering if I get a 120grit flex hone I can scrub more material than with the current one I have (which I think is 240 or 3** something). I'm happy with my crosshatch patterns tho
              Last edited by walth; 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM.
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• new righty mirror is on thank you sc72 and now headed to a car show in a few not entered in it but just to have a festy there and a tank themed one at that
                Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                  I didn't actually work on my Festiva but I did fix Spiko's car. He now has properly working tail and brake lights!
                  And they work great at that! Thanks again

Comment

• put a prepowered mtx sub in the back it's a 10 sounds good hopefully ill have enough money soon to fix my head gasket so i can drive it

Comment

• Painted it!

Put a rattle can paint job on the whip. Don't think it looks to bad. It's the pink CAT plate that sets it off.

93 Festiva L White B6T
                      99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
                      89 Festiva Blue
                      91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
                      93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
                      93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

• Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        New build on the way .

Comment

• Loud "Hissing" coming from my barn.

We were working on our Festy's and heard very Angry hissing coming from the corner. Cobra's def dont like Festy's :nono:

Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Sasquatch and I replaced the heater core out of my white BP festiva today as it was over heating and no heat was coming into the cabin. We did the entire job in 2.5 hours!!!! Record timing, and we now have heat in the cabin and not in the engine bay.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                            -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
                              Sasquatch and I replaced the heater core out of my white BP festiva today as it was over heating and no heat was coming into the cabin. We did the entire job in 2.5 hours!!!! Record timing, and we now have heat in the cabin and not in the engine bay.
                              Crap! I totally forgot about that! I was going to come help! Sounds like you guys were alright though, and Mike fixing mine just 6 weeks prior helped (considering the time you were able to do it in!)

Still I cant believe I forgot! Sorry
                              Last edited by Darlo; 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• ...still waiting on my buddy to put the engine in the Smurf.

As much as I'm spending in fuel to drive the truck, I may as well have just paid someone to put it in.
                                Last edited by Christ; 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X