Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxed it yesterday, today I pulled a head off a Miata at PAP, it's in great shape and only cost $37.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Welded the diff pin but was too tired to put the tranny back in. I hope this tranny doesn't die.
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

• flex honed my b6, cleaned pistons once more, installed crank and pistons and rings, going good
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Finished building Danny's steering knuckles with new bearing and rotors today.

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• On Friday I changed out the fuel pressure regulator on my 93 automatic. Drove it to Huntsville AL and back. Got 25 mpg the whole way there and back. Joy.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Finished everything on Danny's motor except swapping the motor mount bracket. Barely room to get to the bolt under the intake on a B3/early B6, the later B6 has the heater pipe on the intake even lower, so there was no way I could get a socket on it. Gonna have to use one of my beefy box wrenches on it and hit with a hammer. Ha! Lol.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Had another no start scare with the girlfriends white 92 GL. It happened to be an easy fix. Battery died because the brake light switch was left closed when the pedal's brake light switch pad slipped again. Dead battery but swapped in another for now, fixed the pad to turn off the brake lights.

On another note, I'm driving my Festiva again for the first time in what feels like months. $10 for just under a half tank. She missed me
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I got the 626 multifunction switch spliced into the aspire's wiring harness, also hooked up the horn/airbag to the aspires sockets, hopefully I got it right, I'll plug it in tomorrow and see what happens.

also took my minivan in for a front end alignment, it needed it bad since I changed the ball joint. The steering pump is still whining a little bit, not nearly as bad as before, I don't remember hearing it before so I think something is wrong with it, but I don't know what, the haynes manual is MIA for that vehicle.
                    Last edited by zoom zoom; 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Finished Festivafication of Danny's motor today:

Installed:

Intake piping mocked up:

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Progress!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Think I'll throw on a new head gasket. Pretty sure that's what's netting me ~26 mpg. Lack of compression.
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• ^ Have you done a compression test? Unless you are dealing with a blown gasket between cylinders (not common but possible on these cars) then you would likely be getting water in the oil, or vice versa. At any rate, I'd do a compression test before tearing into anything. If your theory is correct then two adjacent cylinders should be equally low.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                              Finished building Danny's steering knuckles with new bearing and rotors today.

If you rebuild a set of knuckles, that some other knucklehead screwed up the shims on, is there a way to rebuild them with new shims and get it right?
                              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                                If you rebuild a set of knuckles, that some other knucklehead screwed up the shims on, is there a way to rebuild them with new shims and get it right?
                                There is a special tool for measuring which spacer to use. I don't know what it is or the part number but there's a couple threads with it on here.
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X