Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the wiring harness put in for the radio, now i need to make a ground and run my sub lines. Then i need to figure out to get my radio cage mounted and fit all the wiring and radio in that tiny hole. I also got my 6.5s mounted under the factory rear speaker covers (looks stock as apposed to the old ones that has 6x9 mounted through the top). Hopefully tommorow after i get a van tuned up and get the oil changed in my taurus i will be able to get my rear shock and passenger cv shaft installed.

I still need to make a box for my new 6x9s, I'm thinking about making a small box and placing them under the front of the front seats (trying to make everything look factory/hidden for security reasons) and figure out how to get my 10s to fit where i want them to.

Also went to the junkyard yesterday and the one Festiva they had was gone :-( but i managed to get all the parts to fix my buddys interior in his silverado and found a hood for another friends c10. They did have a miata though (Was really tempted to try to buy it and a really clean 2door metro) Is there any parts i can get from a miata?

Comment

• Got a radio in Festevil today! Drove him about 100 miles for pizza, got 33mpg, not too terrible for a 4 speed running for the first time in two years with half his vac lines cut or missing lol. Hopefully with Jay's help via text and email I will have him set back straight soon! I've heard the term "pray to the car gods" before, but when the 88L acts up I go straight to the source! I call upon the "carb god"! Lol, but seriously, Jay is the MAN when it comes to carbies, with or without the use of both his hands! I searched for about an hour for a wire to plug into today and couldn't find it. Texted Jay and he said "Oh, plug is built into the back of the alt, there is no wire". Sure enough, there it was! Gotta love him! (even if he did take my silver sunroof car with the bad rear bearings ) :lol:
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by jbuck1975 View Post
        Had to call the wife. Lol

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!
        Running out of gas sucks.But then having to call the Boss & explain...:p
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Any time htchbck! I spent the day fabricating a custom hood for twizted. I am going with all steel, it really hasn't added much wait and I get to use my mig welder. This hood is being made from recycled Festiva pieces and parts from bent and mangled parts that were in the scrap pile.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            Any time htchbck! I spent the day fabricating a custom hood for twizted. I am going with all steel, it really hasn't added much wait and I get to use my mig welder. This hood is being made from recycled Festiva pieces and parts from bent and mangled parts that were in the scrap pile.
            Sounds cool lets see the hood.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• In the process of removing my gas tank and finally got a battery!
              '93 Ford Festiva "RedRum"
              L Series, 5 Speed, Fun-Top
              Renaissance W. R.

Comment

• Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Sounds cool lets see the hood.
                maybe tomorrow if i can get the back side tacked and ground
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Got my cv shaft and new shock installed (Made a world of difference still needs some minor tweaking to get the car right) Ran into a new problem with my tail lights and lights for the HVAC wanting to stay on (I'll have to dig into that more, I'm thinking I'll just swap the whole collumn from the parts car), and had the bearing in the blower motor try to seize up so i have no heat, so i'm still in the Taurus till i get the motors swapped (I think i have a good one laying around). Had a lot to do today so i don't have any pics of anything.

Comment

• Got this little beast today for a donor car.
                    Can finally start making some progress now
                    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Nice!
                      Drift sticker on a fwd car for the laughs! :lol:
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• ^jealous, i need the grill and headlights and can't find any.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• i think junspeed had both for sale jay
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Watching mine slowly die despite all the new parts
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Spent a little over $100 on RockAuto for parts to rebuild Chuck's old motor (bad rings) to drop into Babystiva in the next couple weeks. Once she's on the road reliable I can tear Green Car apart for the "trans"plant whether or not we've found Mel another car yet! Can't wait, getting closer by the day. Got some new plugs for Festevil too, he's started having some misfiring and I realized today that I didn't have plugs when I put the motor back together a couple months ago so I threw in some old ones that came out of one my old motors. Hoping new plugs will cure him lol.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Pulled O2 sensor (NGK). Very black. Replaced with Denso. Pulled thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                                X