Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of progress on Izzystiva the past few days.
    Izzystiva is the car I picked up in Houston for my friend, Izzy.
    Removed front seats. They are from another car and the seatbelt buckles do not work with Festiva seat belts. I am going to find the stock seatbelt buckles.
    Cleaned rearend. Spare tire well was full of nasty stuff that made lots of bubbles when I hosed it out. Removed and started painting bumpers and grille. Cut busted coolant hose on back of intake manifold to remove it when everything dries. It was too swollen to move the clamp. Rewired radio and got rid of dashboard fan switch. I don't intend to be mean to my friend, but a manually switched fan is too complicated for her. Diagnosed a bad fan relay as the culprit why a previous owner changed fans and wired a switch. Found out neither key that came with the car works on the ignition so it is now locked. Getting a key cut soon. All of my Festiva keys and my Dodge truck key operate the driver's side door, however. The car is 280,000 miles, though. Engine runs great with a little smoke when its been sitting. A/C is still R12 and blows cold. Driver's side front wheel has vertical play- assuming bad wheel bearing. Droning noise when driving as well. CV axle boots are non existent but I'll leave those alone until the axles fail which should be awhile. Steering rack has lots of play and noise. Not sure if inner or outer tie rods but can't check until I get keys to unlock the ignition and steering column. I've rigged a domelight to work with doors open. I have three Festiva domes, but none work properly so I just moved some of the contacts to work when the doors have ground. I have yet to find a working junkyard dome light. My Festiva still has an Aspire dome light mounted crooked to line up with the ground screw. Izzystiva has lots of oil and gunk on the underside of the engine. I wiped it down to try to locate any new leaks. We'll see how that goes. Reverse lights stay on, so I'm thinking reverse switch. Have to locate and diagnose. Found original shifter knob inside the brake light hole. Soaked shifter knob and cleaned it. Replaced shifter bushings with a couple I had in stock. I can now find third gear. That thing was REALLY sloppy. The shifter linkage rivet at the transmission end was replaced with a bolt by a previous owner so that will make replacing those bushings much easier when I get around to that. The clutch in this car is VERY grippy. I didn't stall it, but it grabs once you let it out, no slipping at all.
    I have a very very long list of parts to find at a junkard for this car. For example, it needs visors, hatch strut, spare tire cover and carpeting, the vinyl on the back of the rear seat, headlight bulb lock ring, various interior screws (a previous owner never put any hardware back), fan relay, and A/C relay (maybe, the blower is intermittent), wiper stalk and module (replaced by an unknown one and has only one working speed), driver's side autobelt, and can't remember what else.
    This car will keep me busy for awhile....
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Checked for damage after removing my passenger side mirror with a tree branch last night. Grr. A few scratches, nothing major.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
      95 Grand Prix SE DD
      Wife's Stuff:
      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Tell us more about the no clearance mirror removal.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Oren09; vertical play in wheel usually means a busted ball joint.
          Check your lca ball joint before you go for bearings

Today I waited patiently for my headers to arrive.... Fail.
          Theyll probably arrive tomorrow arvo when im 900km away :s
          60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• I didn't even think about the ball joint...
            I still have yet to go over all the suspension. I want to check everything up front and tear down the rear brakes/bearings.
            So much work..
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Registration/Title paperwork. I'll work on it later. Driving to do.

Also filed some paperwork with PA DMV for a title for Steve.. If that goes through, I may start looking into a swap and some work on him.

Meanwhile, this '93 needs the piss run out of it.

Comment

• I brought my 93 GL auto with air out of retirement yesterday. I washed it tonight. It had a long vacation.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Passed emissions with less than 1/3 the allowed emission, first time with no tricks! I'm very excited about this. Almost 3 times the stock HP and still passes smog with flying colors!
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Excellent score at the junkyard today.
                    Autobelt, seat belts and buckles, carpet, tire cover, rear seat back fabric, bin, shit knob, rear wiper motor, rear washer bottle, GL hatch wiring, reverse switch, dimmer, fuel pump and sender, visors, various other things. All for $50.
                    Nearly have the interior of Izzystiva back together.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Im picking these wheels up on Friday. They will be my auto-x setup. 205-40-16 BFG g-force kdw on 16" wheels. My fenders are slightly rolled and I couldn't get them to rub on my short test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I like those!

Comment

• x2
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                            I brought my 93 GL auto with air out of retirement yesterday. I washed it tonight. It had a long vacation.
                            i need pics!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• ASAP!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• PRONTO!
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X