Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    ^^ AAAHHHWWW YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!

Got few more things done on the B3 I'm rebuilding yesterday. Still need to reinstall the oilpan, put in the new crank seals (both ends) and install the fuel pump. Everything else (intake, exhaust, disty and water necks) will be coming from FestEvil's engine when I pull it. This morning I was digging around in the basement and I found an old flywheel I forgot I had! Going to order a clutch kit today. Started working on one of the transmissions Jerry brought me to fix, turns out the shift gate isn't broken, just the magnet got out of the bottom and stuck itself to the shift gate jamming it up. So once I'm done with that I should be able to have a completely rebuilt and put together engine/trans combo to drop in FestEvil which will help minimize downtime
    ready for the meet? how many yopu bringing?
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Well, definitely FestEvil, as he is the car we will be taking to the beach. I think I will have Mel drive Green Car up, and Michael (NOS-tiva) is planning to come, he and his wife will probably drive Chuck and Babystiva if they haven't found a festiva of their own before then. So at least 3, maybe 4.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• A much needed vacuum, and dusting. With a window wash!

Comment

• i washed my B6t with detergents an brushes cleaned pistons bought rotors brakes drums shoes threaded bar for rear beam ect... busy day

Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
          Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
          AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

• Finally worked on the blue car. Brake lines. Lots and lots of brake lines. Replace one, another would pop. Let Sarah take it on the maiden voyage around the block. Locked up a caliper and needs a master cylinder. Isn't it grand when they sit?

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
            95 Grand Prix SE DD
            Wife's Stuff:
            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Did my first oil pan gasket today. I'll see if it worked tomorrow.
              Now I've got more problems. CEL is on.

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!
              First time owner
              89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
              Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• Tried to run intercooler lines a different way to fit new bumpers but have a leak somewhere and am only holding at 5psi....going to have to go back to the drawing board...def. can't drive it like that.....

Comment

• Got my rear suspension dialed in. It works awesome! So much better without all that static sag, the car has much less body roll even though I have a stock festiva beam, stock festiva front sway bar. Here are a couple more teaser pictures. I'll post a write up next week.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Filled up! My good MPG seems to have returned. Last two tanks were 39.4 and 39.6 respectively. Not bad for a paper route. I'll have to fill up like every 3 days
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      I'll post a write up next week.
                      Waiting for that!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Filled up! My good MPG seems to have returned. Last two tanks were 39.4 and 39.6 respectively. Not bad for a paper route. I'll have to fill up like every 3 days
                        Any correlation with the temperature, you think?
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Turns out the shift gate was bad on the trans I started working on the other day, one of the welds at the top had broke from when the magnet was caught in it. Threw the shift gate from the other trans on it, and it seems to be working fine now. Was all set to seal up the case and realized I didn't have any sealant. Oh well, its over at dads from where I was supposed to seal up the oil pan on his Taurus and my B3 yesterday before it randomly decided to POUR rain! I need a shop BAD!
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Oh well, its over at dads from where I was supposed to seal up the oil pan on his Taurus and my B3 yesterday before it randomly decided to POUR rain! I need a shop BAD!
                            Eye on the prize!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• $200 closer to reaching my goal after a grueling few hours yesterday putting a new heater core in a '99 Exploder! Hopefully my wheels and a couple other things will sell soon and I'll have enough to get footers and block done and slab poured. I'm doing this all without going into debt or dipping into savings so it could take a while. If I ever finish the Galant that should be a decent paycheck though
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm doing this all without going into debt or dipping into savings so it could take a while.
                                Smart!

Comment

Working...
                                X