Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled a Stylus bumper, marveled at how ridiculously awful the Stylus actually is as a vehicle in general, and ugly to boot. Don't think I've ever seen one before today.
    Whatever. I'm joining the Stylus bumper club after I get my tranny working or swapped out.

Comment

• Added an inch to each lower control arm..
      equalized the inner cv angles by rotating and dropping the transmission.
      More to go here..but the car has a 4 inch lift in the front now.
      Moved the front wheels forward a 1/2 inch longer wheel base.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• broke it?

Originally posted by jemartin144 View Post
        replaced thermostat. forgot to get a gasket, so a little leaking til tomorrow. replaced valve cover gasket, broke a bolt because apperently its only tightened to in-lbs, not ft-lbs. fail x2.
        Im surprised the head allowed you to break it. Don't try that with the dizzy bolts, lol
        It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

• Looks like I lined up the third and final spare driver for the FestivaL, so Chuck, FestEvil, Green Car and Babystiva should all make it there Thanks Michael!

Put the new front tires on Babystiva this morning and did a little bit of DIY alignment in the driveway. It tracks pretty straight now, and the drivers side toe-in is fixed which means the steering wheel is now pretty much centered right as well Also found a broken vacuum "T" where I had spliced into a vac line to run the ATX vacuum modulator. Replaced it an installed a longer line so hopefully it won't break again. I also realized in driving her that she isn't as sluggish as I remembered her being, did a comp test and compression isn't too bad so I think FestEvil will be getting the motor that I have about 1/2 way rebuilt in the garage. Hopefully getting a trans for him today too so I will do all that at once to save some time. I have a feeling this day isn't over yet as far as festivas go
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Lubed the caliper pins and did another bleed on the Aspire swap. Still pulsates which I don't understand since neither car did before. Not that firm either but that's probably due to the smaller MC.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Swapped one tire over to the new painted rim (Nothing fancy) so now i have anothe rim to scuff and paint. Also filled up without getting out of the car (Getting the nozzel lined up was a pain.

Thinking about pulling the computer for the seatbelts and just manually connecting the belts (I hate auto belts). Also thinking about putting new seats in.

Comment

• Got all the pistons back in the b3 forgot the head bolts at the house so the head will be going back on tomorrow. Also got my transmissions might take a crack at one of them tomorrow.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin86ranger View Post

Thinking about pulling the computer for the seatbelts and just manually connecting the belts (I hate auto belts). Also thinking about putting new seats in.
                  Pull the BELT fuse. That way you can easily reactivate the belts if you need too.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• ^ yes
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                      Pull the BELT fuse. That way you can easily reactivate the belts if you need too.
                      I would just assume put manual belts in it(but can't afford new belts right now). But i'm thinking the computer is going to be in the way of where i want to mount something anyway.

Comment

• ... Put some Dawn on the alt belt.
                        A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

• Hit a deer this morning on my way to work ...
                          New build on the way .

Comment

• That sucks. It should be an easy fix atleast. Hope the deer didn't make it. I hate deer. And atleast your corner lights made it.
                            93 Festiva L White B6T
                            99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
                            89 Festiva Blue
                            91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
                            93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
                            93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

• Doesn't look like anything internal bent, a new grill, headlight, and a hammer for the hood should fix it.
                              Owner of:
                              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                              In progress:
                              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Special bump corner survival for the silver lining win!
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X