Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-did the exhaust. And new spark plugs.

Comment

• And fixed.
      New build on the way .

Comment

• Lol! That was fast! :thumbleft:
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• somebody has spares lying around...
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Got my passenger mirror in and installed it, also found out one of my rims is slightly out of round so now i need to swap tires around till i find a better rim.

Comment

• re-assembled my rear differential using this as a guide:

+1 mechanical technical level! LOL seriously did learn a bit about setting pre-load and backlash though. It will come in handy over the winter when i swap in an LSD. Putting my time and $$ into more essential things for the moment though.
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• A hammer the grill and a headlight .Spare parts for the win !!! Spent the most time with the battery r/r haha .
                This is my first carb car for 12 years ,i forgot the mpg was so good . I travel 130 miles a day for work and have been running these cars for 15 years ,48 mpg was a nice welcome back ....
                New build on the way .

Comment

• Today I worked on Izzy's car.
                  Put the junkyard cylinder head on. Changed oil.
                  Makes weird noises, but I haven't heard the engine in awhile so I don't know if they're new. Piston rings are baad. Steady smoke out of the dipstick tube.
                  Took me nearly 8 hours to get everything back together including replacing the coolant hoses for the throttle body.
                  I hate A/C. I'm not installing it in my car..
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                    I hate A/C.
                    And you're in TX....

Just a hunch here.....

You are under 22 and under 160lbs.

Am I right?
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• The more I drive it, the more it's clearing up... runs almost perfect, just misses at idle now, and I haven't touched anything. I'm thinking the injectors may have been dirty/stuck after the engine sat for soooo long.

Love for Festiva - reaffirmed.

This is a bit of a dilemma, though. I have too many vehicles!

1992 Camaro RS
                      1992 Festiva GL
                      1995 Subaru Legacy L
                      1989 F250 3/4 ton Diesel
                      1986 VW Golf D
                      1993 Festiva
                      1995 Yamaha XT600
                      1978 Yamaha XS400
                      2001 Suzuki Katana 750
                      1997 Ninja 250
                      1988 Ninja 250
                      1980 KZ250
                      1989 Katana 600

The top 4 bikes need minimal work to be ridable, the 1997 and 1988 Ninjas are officially junk/parts, the KZ250 is almost completely apart to be converted to a soft tail mini chopper (time permitting), the '89 Kat 600 is a VW diesel project. :/

The Subaru needs a trans, and while I have to put that in, the engine's got 340,000 miles on it, so I'm replacing it with a VW diesel. GAH. TMFP! (Too many friggin projects!) (The list goes on...)

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        And you're in TX....

Just a hunch here.....

You are under 22 and under 160lbs.

Am I right?
                        Haha. 21 and 150, actually.
                        The A/C lines are in the way and the extra pulley makes removing them difficult.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• 8)

Comment

• Low profile rear coilovers

Today I did some work on my low profile rear coilover conversion. The goal is to eliminate at least two inches of static sag while also being able to fit my 15's and have 4" of adjustment. I'm using 1 7/8" coilover sleeves intended for small body midget race car shocks. This should work out great because it's easy to get 1 7/8" springs in the correct rates for the rear of a festiva. I'm starting off with 120 lb 10" long springs. Here are some pictures, and if this works well I'll write up a thread in the suspension forum.

^here you can see the difference in spring diameter from a stock festiva spring and my new 1 7/8" springs. I also cut 2" out of the lower post on the KYB shock.

^here is the 4" threaded sleeve (made by Bilstein) installed on a KYB gr2 aspire shock. I also made a dust seal cap (aluminum part just above the sleeve) to protect the shock seal from the bump stop. This setup is about 2 lbs lighter per side than the stock rear shock/spring combo. I'm hoping that the shock will now ride in the first 1/3rd of it's travel at the ride height that I want to run. We'll see. I still have to finish up the other side before I can test them on the car.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-13-2012, 09:09 PM.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Today I did some work on my low profile rear coilover conversion.
                              Watching...
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Swapped out my alt and still have low voltage

Time to start chasing grounds
                                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X