Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    Fixed the front passenger and turned the the strut top hat. Hopefully that'll fix the inner tire wear it did the other. On a side note I'll never buy another tire from Walmart. Bunch of damn rip off artists. The screw was over 1/2 from the sidewall.. sorry we can't fix that too close to the sidewall you're going to have to buy another tire. BS apparently they're not smart enough to use a smaller patch. Took it to a tire shop and they fix it easily. Too bad I paid for the road hazard.
    yeah if it's in the 1st or 5th line of tread most places won't touch it because of the massive lawsuits there have been over patched and/or plugged tires. I bought new tires for my truck 2 years ago (only have 8k miles on them) and got a nail in one last month. one place wouldn't touch it, the next wanted to just plug it. I was like, umm, no...it's a radial? patch and plug? Wanted me to leave it overnight. morons. So they didn't do it. Brought it home and got a place to P/P in 30 minutes.

so you bought a warranty for your tires from walmart and they wouldn't fix it? That does stink...
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I went to the Pick-N-Save and found a 89 with AC and got most of it, did'nt have a wrench big enuff for the lines. Got the fuel sending unit (Cause mine is only good for the first 1/4 tank. Also got the vacuum advance and put that on, hope it helps. Can;t wait to get the rest of the AC tomorrow.

Comment

• did you come up to Lynchburgs PNS? WOOT another closeby member.
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Found out I have the wrong size bearing spacer in the left side driver's knuckle.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Folded up the backseat and moved over the sub to take a big 'mini-fridge' to work today. Just proves how great and versatile these puppies are.
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
              yeah if it's in the 1st or 5th line of tread most places won't touch it because of the massive lawsuits there have been over patched and/or plugged tires. I bought new tires for my truck 2 years ago (only have 8k miles on them) and got a nail in one last month. one place wouldn't touch it, the next wanted to just plug it. I was like, umm, no...it's a radial? patch and plug? Wanted me to leave it overnight. morons. So they didn't do it. Brought it home and got a place to P/P in 30 minutes.

so you bought a warranty for your tires from walmart and they wouldn't fix it? That does stink...
              That's what I figured it was. Years ago when I worked at monkey wards we had 2 or 3 patch sizes. Yeah I'm done with walmart tires.
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Thinking about putting the extra rear springs from 4dr Aspire under the Festiva today. Not sure if I'll get to it today but it'll get done before winter.. she's sagging pretty bad.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Finally got a B6 VAF today. Installed it at the jy and drove home. Finally no more mismatched air/fuel parts. Had a little fun on the country roads; he pulls past 5k rpms smooth as glass and keeps on going .

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
                  91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                  92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                  95 Grand Prix SE DD
                  Wife's Stuff:
                  89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                  97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                  Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• @ Walth, Yeah, I love that place. They're just gettin a lil pricey. Got everything but the evap coil up front. That had a hole in it. I've also ngotta get the hoses, they cut em instead of pullin the core from the AC system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Va 88 Festiva View Post
                      @ Walth, Yeah, I love that place. They're just gettin a lil pricey. Got everything but the evap coil up front. That had a hole in it. I've also ngotta get the hoses, they cut em instead of pullin the core from the AC system.
                      How do you do A/C hoses?
                      My junkyard engine came with a compressor but the lines are cut. I want to install A/C eventually and use the compressor I already have but I'm not sure how to change or splice the hoses.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Got the sound deadener in the passenger door, replaced the rubber window track with one in much better shape and replaced the poly weather shield that is glued to the door. Made sure there was poly behind the speaker too. Door sounds much more solid than it used to. Just has a really nice "feel" to it when you open and close it. I'll be getting tothe other door later tonight or tomorrow.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Got the new fuel cell mounted -8 line to the quart filter,painted under the hood, finished assembling the b8 long block, made a filler panel for the old spare tire hole and mounted the passenger race seat.
                          1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Mounted my coil, overflow tank, put a lock nut on my clutch cable, plugged in my speedo cable.
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                              Folded up the backseat and moved over the sub to take a big 'mini-fridge' to work today. Just proves how great and versatile these puppies are.
                              Furniture, large plants, 8+ foot tall trees, large push mower, 60 cubic feet of mulch....... Just a few of the things my festy has hauled this summer
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Not to mention, over 44,000 newspapers since the end of February
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X