Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    Finished replacing all the vacuum lines on the blue car. Finally figured out the idle issue...a stuck secondary. Props to georgeb and his thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39327

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
    How much did it take and what size is the hose

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• Yesterday I washed and waxed, with a load of polishing too. Highly recommend Mequiars Scratchx2.0 for a polishing compound, really brought out the red and killed the oxidization. The Turtle Wax Ice I used was AMAZING, looks like new again. Works on plastic and rubber too and makes it look like new also. Super Easy to use the liquid stuff, just wipe on and wipe off any excess after 5-10 min.
      Camera still thinks the car is orange hence the lack of pics
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Installed a new water pump. Seals must have failed in the old one... I was losing coolant ut couldn't figure from where until I noticed a puddle under the pulley end of the engine.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by jbuck1975 View Post
          How much did it take and what size is the hose

89 Festiva. carby. needs repairs!!
          I buy in bulk (typically full rolls or ten foot sections), and I cut sections one line at a time matching as I replaced them. My estimates on the bigger stuff will be pretty close, but the small stuff will be a rough guess. I didn't touch the sections between the canister and fuel tank, and I'm missing the air bleed control valve. All vac lines going to the air cleaner have also been capped.

Sizes I used were 3/8" for the brake booster and lower section to the canister, about 2 feet total; 5/16" for the Pcv valve and upper section of the canister line, just over 1 foot; most everything else was 5/32" of which I'd estimate about 15 feet. I may have used a bit of 7/32" as well, but no more than 3 feet of it. I also used 4 5/32" vacuum tees. Hope this helps.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
          Last edited by link5186; 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM.
          91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
          92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
          95 Grand Prix SE DD
          Wife's Stuff:
          89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
          97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
          Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
            Installed a new water pump. Seals must have failed in the old one... I was losing coolant ut couldn't figure from where until I noticed a puddle under the pulley end of the engine.

You talking about your red one, or mine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
              You talking about your red one, or mine?
              My red one. Haven't done anything on the silver one yet, waiting on a couple of bits and pieces before I get started.

Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                Received a jdm 1.6L Miata engine for the Icetiva today. Great price compared to "unwarping" the head on the B6T, and replacing whatever else I melted. A few swap adventures ahead to put it in, but after searching here it seems it should all be workable. Anyone want to but a Miata intake or exhaust manifold, or a 5 speed tranny?
                How much for the trans? I need this for my rwd gtx.
                Ford Fester

Comment

• Achieved 44.1 mpg... a personal record!
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Logged a couple hundred more miles for a total of about 300 miles on the rebuild so far on FestEvil. Special thanks to Jerry (bebandit) for the 5 speed trans, Jay (kartracer46) for his help on some carb wiring and the choke, and a BIG shout out to zoomzoom for the great price and lightning fast shipping on a pristine flywheel and very low mileage clutch and pressure plate! This place is the greatest!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Love that^
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Achieved 44.1 mpg... a personal record!
                        Congrats! This is what we like to see! (and by we, I mean me, lol) :p

Comment

• When I changed the water pump the other day I noticed that the tensioner on the timing belt was loose so I made sure that it was properly installed. I also regapped the spark plugs at 0.040". Once I got it back on the road I discovered that the car had a lot more pick up and revved a lot easier up to red-line. Brought a smile to my face
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• 8)
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Brought the BP out of winter storage.
                              Only got 41 MPG on its first 200 miles on old gas.
                              Hope to do better when it has all fresh gas.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                                Brought the BP out of winter storage.
                                Only got 41 MPG on its first 200 miles on old gas.
                                Hope to do better when it has all fresh gas.
                                You sir, have a very... Positive problem? 41MPG. Imagine if this were an F350 forum. By F350 I mean trucks, not Ferraris.
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X