Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel would kill me if I deleted the center vents lol. She's already been getting onto me that there isn't enough air coming through them on Green Car. Just out of curiosity, whats the reason behind not wanting center vents? I find they help out a good bit with bringing fresh air (and AC if you have it) through the vehicle? Is it a "racecar" thing? Like on CL when someone lists a car for sale and says "NO AC or seats or dash because, RACECAR".
    Last edited by htchbck; 03-28-2012, 08:20 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• No AC on my car. So they are pretty useless as vents go. Summer time the windows are open. and I'm winter heats on the floor as we all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
        That is not carbon wrap....its genuine carbon fiber.
        Posting pics for koRnhead...
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Drove fester jr today under b8 powah
          Ford Fester

Comment

• Aren't you just the master(of the)b8?!

So what's the power like for you?
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Installed 2001 Kia Rio struts and springs with about 2 coils cut out. Car is transformed, not scary and squirrelly above 65 mph like the worn out Festy struts and springs. So far one of the best mods ever, love the ball bearing top mounts, steering is like butter.

Comment

• putting bumbers on the bpt car. Def. better then the dented up one that was on there...back went on fine but I don't see how the front bumper will ever fit due to the intercooler piping with where the radiator is.

Before:

Comment

• ^^ woot woot!
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Another blue car day... Unstuck the secondary, again. Adjusted valve lash, fixed the parking brake, drove it around, hit up the car wash, painted the wheels black, cleaned up the best center caps and trim rings, threw them set on, and cleaned my tools out of the back. Whew, now it's wife ready.
                    91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                    92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                    95 Grand Prix SE DD
                    Wife's Stuff:
                    89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                    97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                    Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Got 48.1 mpg for 3 days of my paper route (about 260 miles) which is incredible enough... then today I drove to belton and back to buy some canna lillies.... hypermilled like my life depended on it... speeds ranging from 45-60 for 162 miles... then filled up at my normal gas station like normal.... well, just look for yourself.
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Really? You couldnt hit 70 mpg....pathetic

J/k
                        Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          Got 48.1 mpg for 3 days of my paper route (about 260 miles) which is incredible enough... then today I drove to belton and back to buy some canna lillies.... hypermilled like my life depended on it... speeds ranging from 45-60 for 162 miles... then filled up at my normal gas station like normal.... well, just look for yourself.
                          I hope your next fill is not 30mpg, lol......This happened to me once (not in my Festiva), where I got AMAZING mpg, then realized on the next fill that the last fill wasnt "full", lol......

Comment

• That's what I'm waiting for, but even if it's a gallon off, this recent trip would be 54-57
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• 54-57 MPG is more realistic.
                              Especially at the speeds you are talking about.
                              I've never broken more than 56 MPG myself, and that's when the speed limit was 55 MPH.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Anything less than 5 gallons I don't consider to be a true "fill up" for individual tank MPG purposes. Even though I have a lot of those doing pizza, since I almost always fill up after work so I'll have a full tank to start the next night. However, in my case (and for 200KGPGTP as well) the averages speak for themselves because of the amount of driving we do. I can't take one fill up and say "this is what my car gets" but when you log a couple hundred miles a week its pretty easy to track how you're doing and how the MPG is trending. That said, 200K's numbers are definitely trending up uP UP! Congrats!

My gas mileage looked to be on track to hit 40 on this tank in FestEvil, but after about 240 miles the needle dropped suddenly. Don't know if its just an anomaly in the fuel gauge or what, though it could be because I haven't usually run him below a half tank in the past so I'm not used to how it behaves down there. I hope I've still got around 3 gallons or so, since I'm almost up to 280 now. I'll probably fill up this afternoon just to see lol. But thats all been pizza driving plus my 10 mile commute a couple of times, so its seen a lot of stop and go and several long periods of idling as well, and the mountains/curves don't help much either. I'll be happy if I can average 38 delivering, 42+ on the highway at 65MPH. Thats what my old '91 used to do before I BP swapped it. Still need to double check my timing too, keep forgetting that, but I set it when I first put the motor in.
                                Last edited by htchbck; 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM.
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X