Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so today my brake lines did NOT fit the aspire calipers. I'll have to check and see if the m/t (18v) calipers fit vs having the a/t (22v) brakes. I had read that they fit...but then again we all know how that goes.

Did some searching to find out other people had the same issues 4+ years ago haha

Bought replacements for 40 bucks at AZ will have the car back on the road tomorrow...pain
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Today I got under my car at around 3 and got out around 9....it was an easy job but I was kind of lazy,this is my first time under a car in around 4 years.
      I replaced my fuel filter,spark plugs,oilpan gasket,added a bung for air fuel mixture,starter.
      checked my radiator and it has a small crack, my intercooler is cracked where it bolts to the car..changed the oil.
      I still need to do some things to have it where I want it,Suspencion and going to add 98 integre seats and I should be done,on the suspencion I just need softer spring,going to check with ground control and see if they have what I want.after that the car should be in top shape.It runs great so far..
      06 vw Bora
      09 Nissan Versa
      fastest B6T is back!!!
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

• Pulled the Enkeis off of Green Car and put on the wheels that came off of Babystiva the day we brought her home (155R13s, probably will not stay on there long since its an auto as well). Brought the Enkeis to work, patch/plugged one tire, then balanced up the lot of them, ready to go on Babystiva this afternoon in hopes of consistently breaking into the 30+ mpg range in the future. Hoping they will help out a little with acceleration on hills as well.

All ready to roll!
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• send pics of both when mounted
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Enkeis on Green Car

13s on Babystiva

Just swapping between the two cars really... I'll get pics up this afternoon hopefully if it stops raining enough to get the Enkeis on.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Took some pictures of it.
              I haven't really taken any pictures since I got the car back in March.
              It's changed quite a bit.

When I bought it:

After restoring the paint:

Today:

I haven't washed it in awhile, though. I should take more pictures after washing it. The colour is more like it appears in the picture after I restored the paint. My cell phone camera isn't getting the colour quite right. It's all I have at the moment, though as my Nikon is broken. And I also should not have waxed the bumper and grill. They have started turning white in the past few days.

All pictures are in here http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af163/oren09/Festy/
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• A lot of the time I work on festivas but they aren't mine. Today I adjusted the hatch on my friends 89 auto LX. You had to slam it and then it was locking from being slammed. I loosened the four mounting bolts at the top. Lifted from the right corner, tightened them and that's what fixed it. It is one NICE festy. 187k and ZERO blowby. Not even a touch of residue in the air tube between the airbox and the throttle body. 89 autos are so much stinkin' fun!

I also installed a radio in the festar today for Jack.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• relocated my radio to center console, fixed my fuel gauge level sensor, installed my rear shock tower brace

I think i need to darken my tint a little

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Built a roof rack for decrotive use
                    1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Took the valve cover off and lube'd up the exhaust mani heat shield bolts with some pbblaster, gonna clean the block off really good and paint some parts. Since my cars down for repairs anyway i figure nows as good a time as any to get some painting & long overdue cleaning done.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Good thinking bud ^ might as well clean her up while your there
                        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Well not today but..
                          Over the past moth or two I Finally got the built b3 back in, consisting of recon/ported polished head, new waterpump, gaskets, seals etc, p/u filled mounts. Installed custom short shifter will all new bushes, painted engine bay removed all emissions nonsense. Sourced a weber from a '76 GT capri.
                          Finished stitch welding Entire car, relocated ignition, removed heater, wired up remote central locking, sound system and kill switch.
                          Lets see, got new LCA's, sourced urethane (pedders) bushes as ll round, coil, leads and ditributor. Relocated aerial, .. Crikey I got more done than I thought now I write it all down.
                          Still a fair way to go, perhaps when I get back from work next month ill actually start a build thread..
                          60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Took pics of my rear strut tower bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• worked on the headliner for my funtop. got my machine to sew it once I taped the seams instead of pins.
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Made 2 stainless steel brackets for hanging my driving lights.

Last edited by sam.1956; 09-23-2011, 09:04 PM.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                                X