Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miah
    replied
    Picked up an auto trans & set of rio struts from junkyard this morn...along with all the seals, trans filter, trans cooler, etc.

Now I just need to get everything installed

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Aspire is ready to have its engine pulled, just have to unbolt the shifter linkage! Cant wait to have a 5 speed festiva!!

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    ^ pics or it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Yesterday I got new belts on....woop tee doo. But the big event was the front seats.....dun dun dah/drum roll......I had some gray LX seats/with the vinyl headrests and my stock GL/red stripe seats...(yuk) ....took the seat backs off of each one and swapped them, perfect fit! So now have my FI/5speed with the LX seats and center console....Life is good for my Stiv! Next step will be to have them recovered. Big Day!

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Damn give me a shout! I would like to have a short meet & greet. Greg I think you have my #.

Leave a comment:

• boydg1
    replied
    Would lke to see some pics when you get it home.:peach:

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Originally posted by jdm19942 View Post
    Today I bought my 93 a older brother and bought a 1988 lx Festiva unfortunately my attempt to drive it home did not go so well, made it three miles before the clutch completely gave out and would no longer engage so took it back to the mans house to pick it up tomorrow. So tomorrow ill be heading from Daytona to Tampa again with a trailer this time.
    We might be going to Tampa tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• jdm19942
    replied
    Today I bought my 93 a older brother and bought a 1988 lx Festiva unfortunately my attempt to drive it home did not go so well, made it three miles before the clutch completely gave out and would no longer engage so took it back to the mans house to pick it up tomorrow. So tomorrow ill be heading from Daytona to Tampa again with a trailer this time.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    I now declare everyone here in pacific time zone part of festiva loneliness. At least 5 of you FM attendees have bulky items I desire, and at least 5 good brains to pick on modding and repair approach that you cant spell out that well unless in person.

Today I hit roughly 10k miles since I bought the car and changed the oil for the 3rd time. Took some pics for shadetree, made a crude photo album.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Put the heavy duty trailer hitch that I took off the Aqua that I sold on my Surf Blue.
    Cleaned her up a little for the trip up to Madness tomorrow.

Also printed out some tail light gasket templates that I will put on the table at Madness for
    anyone who wants one.
    (Kumalaba...these are better than the one I sent you. I found an original gasket in good shape and
    made these from it.)
    Last edited by 1990new; 10-03-2013, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Got my new pistons. Engine assembly isn't far away.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Did a little cleaning up of the combustion chambers on my B6 head. Hope to get it together after Madness.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I finally got the head gasket job finished up on the "new" car.
    It runs great, has power, everything.
    Except the oil light is on and there's a steady water drip at the front of the engine. It drips even when not running. It was practically draining out of the crank pulleys before I started then engine. It then turned into a slow drip.
    I would hazard to guess the water pump weep hole is "weeping".
    But what of the oil light? The pressure in the top end while running seems normal (cap off, oil flying around). Not sure how else to test and diagnose that.
    Never beleive a $35 sending unit and $30 light.

$12 manual never lies.

My Dakota should of seized up 8 years ago. Still says 0. Replaced sending unit. Wasn't the problem. Cluster hookup failed. Too lazy to tear dash, so instead of a needle going across a line, and a $80 repair, I bought a $12 one with actual numbers, and zip screwed it to the plastic on bottom of dash.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
    Last edited by jason_; 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I finally got the head gasket job finished up on the "new" car.
    It runs great, has power, everything.
    Except the oil light is on and there's a steady water drip at the front of the engine. It drips even when not running. It was practically draining out of the crank pulleys before I started then engine. It then turned into a slow drip.
    I would hazard to guess the water pump weep hole is "weeping".
    But what of the oil light? The pressure in the top end while running seems normal (cap off, oil flying around). Not sure how else to test and diagnose that.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Over the past couple weeks Kevin and I have been trying to long distance diagnose this popping I had in my pedal assembly at acceleration. Couple things were suspect including the steering rack bushings being bad (causing the rod inside the rack to move to and fro with inertia causing the pedals to pop as its right on the firewall). Second thing was the sway bar.
    Finally had a chance to get under the car yesterday in my mother in law's pitted garage (which came in super handy in letting me keep the weight of the car on the ground and get under it and make a proper diagnosis) and noticed the "u" bracket that holds the sway bar and bushing to the triangle frame mount was loose in the driver side by about a quarter inch. Took it loose and ground the welded bolts off, as my nuts were so rusty and rounded off there was no hope for them. Grabbed a couple 3/8ths 1" long bolts and a couple lock washers and nuts from home hardware and bolted it back up. Problem solved.
    It amazes me sometimes the tiniest detail can cause such a catastrophic feeling while driving one of these festys. And since it is my only car, just parking it until I can fix it is not an option. So the next time you guys get a chance to get underneath of yours, give all the bolts a good snugging down.
    Also while I was down there I oxide primed the belly of the beast, since by my observation of most Canadian cars they're rusting from the belly up, just to prevent any unwanted rust forming underneath if the car during winter's heavily salted roads here.
    Thanks again Kevin!!
    -James

Leave a comment:

Working...
X