Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleskinner
    replied
    Changed the Air filter in Shadow this morning. Found out I will have to replace the air filter container. The screws where stripped that hold the top piece on. Back to the JY tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Got mine ready to sell it tomorrow.....its loaded up with a fender, three mounted wheels and tires and three loose tires, plus two front knuckles and tons of little parts. Good bye Festiva world.....thanks Greg/Eurotiva for everything......catch ya on the flipside.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Just keeping on with this wiring stuff. Cleaned about 30 more wires out, waiting for an e mail for the g series and the lsd

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Leave a comment:

• iriegnome
    replied
    I replaced the front turn signal lens, removed the rear speaker panels and found out that I bought the wrong replacement panels, so I put them back on.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    It's worse than it looks. Lot of structural rust, no engine or trans, interior is destroyed from mold and mildew, and no suspension. Also no title.

I'll be getting the tails and rear glass before it goes out, but I need the quarter glass in there. It's full of scrap and it won't stay in without the glass.
    Last edited by sketchman; 03-21-2014, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    ^^What he said

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post

You know it doesn't look that bad!
    I've seen far worse at some meets!
    Whats wrong with it?

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    ... and the rear side glass hardware and exterior mirror. What about all the little bits from inside like the heater control panel bulbs. I usually pull them from every time I find a Festiva at the wreckers.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You forgot to remove the door handles and tail lights!

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Pumped up the tires, stripped it of the last good parts, filled it with scrap, and let it rest till it's time to haul it off. It was the 2nd one I owned. If only I could go back now to 2011 with what I know. I'll miss it.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Yes that's right and welcome back.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Hey y'all. Long time no see.

Currently replacing a crank seal on a friend's Festiva that long ago belonged in a junkyard.

Spring side of the seal faces in towards the engine, right?

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Changed the trans fluid to Mobil One Euro Spec 0w-40.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Yesterday, but eh.

Drove down to Worthington to pick up another load and empty the storage unit. Picked up the California King mattress I bought a few months back. Winchester (our dog) christened it immediately. We had a long day.
    Festiva-Mattress.jpgChester Passed Out.jpg

While I was there (it was fairly warm), I went ahead and replaced the valve cover gasket.
    Valve Cover Off.jpg

The old one was pretty ratty... so I get it all cleaned up, all the bolts on.. tightening down the last bolt (front-middle), and the dang bolt snaps in two@$#@!#@!$@

Couldn't get it out, will have to have someone drill and re-tap (hopefully cheap, they don't have to remove a single thing to get to it..), as I can't find my dang power tools. So went home with a squealing belt, leaking oil, and a loaded-up car. What a night!

Good news is it's actually leaking LESS oil than it was before lol.

-Joe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X