Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burundon
    replied
    Wow, thanks guys. Dibs!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by burundon View Post
    Want to buy these, any chance they'll fit a stock 91 http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4654649169.html
    Yes I have the same exact wheels, and with good rubber. $275 is a great deal! I paid $280 for my set, brand new, no tires. Make sure you get the hub rings that came with those wheels so they are centered to the hub when you go to install them.

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Festiva stock bolt pattern is 4x114.3. According to the ad, they are dual pattern and should fit. I believe there is at least one person on here with those wheels on their car. Maybe they will add their opinion to this.

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    Want to buy these, any chance they'll fit a stock 91 http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4654649169.html

Leave a comment:

• skswig62
    replied
    I quit finally being stupid about the steering issue, fixed it and drove the s### out of it.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yeah, Dormans have the Limited Lifetime as well. But thing is, you can't exactly return them without paying to ship them, then you have to wait, and the car is just going to be out of commission while you wait. I'll just order the Moog LCAs from rockauto once I see the Dormans getting bad. At least then I can just use the Dorman bushings on the MOOG LCAs since they haven't been on there long enough to need replacing.
    The good thing about AZ was I just drove down and swapped them out. Dude pulled on the ball joint to see how loose it was, and it came apart in his hand.
    :eeeeeek:

Imma order in some Moogs soon to have on hand, my tie rod ends are already Moog.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Ugg. I bought AZ last year because Bank of america was giving 10% cash back. His car needed LCA's, and so did mine, so I put them all on my car, and he paid me for putting them on his by paying for mine. He only has about 5K on his, I have over twice that much on mine.

The kicker? I am hoping they are getting better! They have a lifetime warranty, and I am about to run them in now.
    Yeah, Dormans have the Limited Lifetime as well. But thing is, you can't exactly return them without paying to ship them, then you have to wait, and the car is just going to be out of commission while you wait. I'll just order the Moog LCAs from rockauto once I see the Dormans getting bad. At least then I can just use the Dorman bushings on the MOOG LCAs since they haven't been on there long enough to need replacing.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Oh great... Lovely. Autozone control arms are Dorman with a Duralast sticker slapped over the Dorman sticker.

I installed Dorman control arms from rockauto earlier this year. I will just have to be mindful of them now. But heck, the ones I pulled off the car were Dorman as well, and they were on the car for a while because they were the ones that were on the car when I bought it.

I'll just be sure to put some quality ones on when these eventually fail.

Ugg. I bought AZ last year because Bank of america was giving 10% cash back. His car needed LCA's, and so did mine, so I put them all on my car, and he paid me for putting them on his by paying for mine. He only has about 5K on his, I have over twice that much on mine.

The kicker? I am hoping they are getting better! They have a lifetime warranty, and I am about to run them in now.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Washed it.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    Topped up the trans fluid.. Still need to replace the pan seal.. again.

Love my Lil Blue.
    Too bad you won't treat it to some cleaner doors ^_^

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Topped up the trans fluid.. Still need to replace the pan seal.. again.

Love my Lil Blue.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    I just replaced both LCA's along with the sway bar to LCA bushings with Moog parts. I replaced all 4 struts with KYB's, new coil over springs, Energy Suspension bushings on the front of the sway bar.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 09-09-2014, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Where did you buy yours? I bought mine and replaced them last summer from AutoZone, at the same time as a local friend. His snapped off today, and mine started making a loud racket today, looked and it's about to sheer. Coincidence? I think not!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    Oh great... Lovely. Autozone control arms are Dorman with a Duralast sticker slapped over the Dorman sticker.

I installed Dorman control arms from rockauto earlier this year. I will just have to be mindful of them now. But heck, the ones I pulled off the car were Dorman as well, and they were on the car for a while because they were the ones that were on the car when I bought it.

I'll just be sure to put some quality ones on when these eventually fail.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-09-2014, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    I wish my halfshaft would come out that easy...

Leave a comment:

• herk518
    replied
    Sorry,I meant, where did you buy the ones that went bad?
    Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
    They were the original ones

Leave a comment:

Working...
X