Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewed my registration yesterday.
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Opened the trunk checked my phone charger on my jump box i stored in the trunk of the car pulled trunk down and gashed my freaking head with the edge of the trunk by the tail lite , not a happy moment , and yes four letter words were used

Comment

• ^ Ha, ha. Been there, done that. Allmost knocked my dumb self out!
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Found reason #120 why I hate this car.

Rear tow hooks - bolted AND welded. WTF? Hammer took care of it.

Ok... now that I'm done venting almost half an hour later, I'm gonna be installing a class 5 with a 2" receiver to the car.

I knocked off the tow hooks and it fits perfectly between the bolt locations for them, with a flange that nearly matches up to the "frame" rails, at least enough to sink 2 bolts on each side. I'll use carriage bolts so they don't protrude inside the car, and washers top and bottom, as well as using the OEM tow hook bolts to fasten the forward flanges to the mount. Should be able to pull anything the car can actually handle pulling without coming loose or fatiguing the mount locations, up to and including other cars, either using a tow bar, dolly, or small trailer.

While back there, I found paint peeling and surface rust. Time to get out the wire wheel and asphaltic tar. (Fiber reinforced roof cement.)
          Last edited by Christ; 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• I am........... sadly going to be getting out of the festiva game quite soon. 5 cars is too many, and I can't get myself to get rid of the 5 speed Prixs for what I can get out of them. Not to mention, I've been forced to quit the paper route, so I won't need them like I do now. Also, the bodys are.... not exactly safe.

If anyone wants anything, hit me up... I have 6 12" with quite good tread, I also have 4 13" wheels... Nothing rare, but lots of newer parts.
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I'd be interested in a couple of tires but not sure about shipping.
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                That is TWO good ideas in a row I have seen from you.

I approve

I have always been scared to cut a spring. I wonder if one inch would be enough to get rid of that nose down look?

Me? I have been thinking of the same mod to achieve that nose down look!

Wouldn't it improve the aerodynamics anyway?
                Agreed; both good ideas. Hey I'm all about improving the aerodynamics of "my little coke-can on tires" that can barely achieve Deci-Mach (76 mph).

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Got 4 new tires for euro.....Falken Ziex. 195/50/15.....Cheap haha
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                    Agreed; both good ideas. Hey I'm all about improving the aerodynamics of "my little coke-can on tires" that can barely achieve Deci-Mach (76 mph).
                    People may laugh at you and point, lol.......But only if you went as far as I did......:p

Comment

• Unstuck my E-brake.

Comment

• Compression test on blue. 125-135-135-135. Even wear, yay. Shot up to 170 with a splash of oil.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                        91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                        92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                        95 Grand Prix SE DD
                        Wife's Stuff:
                        89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                        97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                        Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• For the record, guys, nose down will NOT improve aero on your car. The change will be essentially imperceptible, but WILL DEFINITELY be negative.

Comment

• Put the MK2 struts from the Golf on the rear today... Lumber wagon.

Comment

• Drove my parts-shed '93. Been sitting a year. Sputtered every once and awhile and has a stuck caliper. Waiting on historic tag eligibility 1/13.

Comment

• I looked at it sadly in the driveway as I packaged up my new pistons to be sent to swaintech... I wish it wasn't running on 3 1/2 cylinders and puking oil out of the catch can big things in store though.
                                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                                X