Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started deliberating with a future member about getting my 93 GL... need to start working on it again.
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Sanded her down. Removed all locks. Lights handles and taped off windows shooting primer saturday morning
      89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
        For the record, guys, nose down will NOT improve aero on your car. The change will be essentially imperceptible, but WILL DEFINITELY be negative.
        I do recognize that fact. Just having some tongue-in-cheek verbal fun.
        A Festiva has the aerodynamics of a red brick.

(Hyperbole is the best thing EVERRRR!)

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post

It's got a pretty standard cD and small A, so while it needs improvement, it's not overall terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post

It's got a pretty standard cD and small A, so while it needs improvement, it's not overall terrible.

Comment

• Since late Thursday, pulled the fuel injectors off Boopstiva, and cleaned some of the crud out of her gas tank.

Some of the crud in a box. Injectors are soaking, planning on blowing them out Monday. Fingers crossed she starts afterwards...

Installed a white face Instrument Cluster sam.1956 hooked me up with at NCStiva. Looks cool. Did I mention it has a TACH?! Put that bad boy in baby car!

Booyah, baby!

Sam, you can't break 80???

Aerodynamics= Me a dummy. I would think that lessening the gap between the bottom of the car and the road would improve things.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Theres a lot more to it than that.

Comment

• It is true (for the most part) that lowering the car will increase your MPG.......That being said, there are many things you could do that are easier, lol........

Take a look here ---> http://ecomodder.com/forum/fuel-econ...ifications.php
                  Last edited by Darlo; 05-05-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Oil change yesterday.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Finished tinting the door and hatch windows today. Waterpump change yesterday. Still waiting on struts.
                      NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                      1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                      1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                      1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                      1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                      1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                      1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Snagged a set of capri xr2 axles at the local Pic-a-part for my shell, got a sohc vaccum distributer that I van lock out for the ms setup I'm getting for turbo car. First time I ever got everything I wanted on a trip.
                        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Stared at it. Yeah, that's right. Jealous?

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Saw my neighbor trying to get his head down low enough to see something
                            under his 2500 chevy 4x4 pick up as I pulled up and parked. I got out and crawled
                            around under my festy and checked things....Just because I can!!!
                            He laughed and asked if I had lifted it some more!! Ha!!
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• I replaced my rear wheel bearings. None of my "what have you done to your car today" stories are cool. Haha.

Comment

• I love the avatar.
                                Very appropriate for these cars
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X