Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to check if I have a bad rear bearing(s) or if the handbrake's dragging and now worn out the shoes in back
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• kellen, lift the entire rear and spin each wheel and wiggle the adjusters from loose and tight, etc and it should free up.

if it's a wheel bearing...it's a wheel bearing. but just a quick check
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        Nice! Pics?!
        Got tied up most of the day, but I DID finish sanding. So it's ready to tape-n-paint first thing in the morning!!!

SO EXCITED!!!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Finished cutting for the most part. I will have a few little touch ups and I need to remove part of the unibody so the control arm will not make contact, but I have a frame rail replacement laid out already just waiting for my tube steel to arrive at work.

Shot from be back:

and with tires mounted to the knuckles to check wheel placement:

Definitely not as easy as I was hoping... but I'm pretty stubborn so it WILL get done!

On a better note, my cable shifter, cables, and 4wd intermediate shaft arrived today. Now I have everything I can't buy new/remanufactured for the awd swap.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Replaced temp. gauge sender and wire. For the first time I have engine temp. at the gauge. Ready to order a new rear window defrost kit from frostfighter. com

Comment

• Aaron - dude start a build thread man, I wanna see more pics lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Aaron - dude start a build thread man, I wanna see more pics lol
                x2!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  x2!
                  Thirded, so now you gotta do it!

I got some more sanding and priming done on my spire, pretty much have the driver side in almost mint condition without ANY little pitts, now on to the back hatch awaiting my mig welder purchase (tomorrow?) So I can cut out my rustic rocker panel on the driver side and put in good metal!
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount. Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance, and napa only have the rear trans mount for the 5 speed. I also put steering rack boots on it and freed up the pass side parking brake.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Aaron - dude start a build thread man, I wanna see more pics lol
                      I figured you would!

I will start a build thread once I actually start building something. right now its all been tear down work. I'll be getting steel and my mig bottle filled this week so the reconstruction can commence!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• ^^Even tear down pics are worthy

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount. Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance, and napa only have the rear trans mount for the 5 speed. I also put steering rack boots on it and freed up the pass side parking brake.
                          I helped someone put on the rear mount last summer....bought it for the manual but he had an auto....worked fine
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• slammed it and trim

and a Christmas bell

Comment

• put the B6T swap on hold and dropped the B3 back into my car....just have to hook up the wiring and exhaust...oh...and the axles.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Dirt View Post
                                Redone the alignment for tommorows trip to the dragon
                                Chased motorcycles through the dragon...

Gots lots of attention and thumbs ups from passer by's
                                1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

Working...
                                X