Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^They are the Junspeed ones. Check the KIA Pride padded Seatcove thread in the For Sale/ Wanted Area. Very comportable & good lookin'!!
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• my friend did it on his pride

Comment

• ^^ This is awesome! I predict Jerry will now do this too lol.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Hmmmm..... You never know!!
          Not sure if reds are legal in GA.
          Last edited by Team Lightning; 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Peel and Seal......

Hey all,

Bad new regarding the Peel and Seal from Lowe's.....since I've been notified that it is tar based ....its not a good idea to put this in your car....the odor will be quite disgusting.....and in a hotter climate it will probably drip out the bottom of your door and be a real mess......
            I picked the idea up from a Mustang forum and saw the cheapo fix and bought it but will be returning it...I'm gonna go with a more reliable product that is similar to Dynamat but not so pricey....there are dozens of alternatives out there, just search for Dynamat alternative.
            Ciao!
            92 GL, 98k
            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
              Hey all,

Bad new regarding the Peel and Seal from Lowe's.....since I've been notified that it is tar based ....its not a good idea to put this in your car....the odor will be quite disgusting.....and in a hotter climate it will probably drip out the bottom of your door and be a real mess......
              I picked the idea up from a Mustang forum and saw the cheapo fix and bought it but will be returning it...I'm gonna go with a more reliable product that is similar to Dynamat but not so pricey....there are dozens of alternatives out there, just search for Dynamat alternative.
              Ciao!
              I used fatmat I bought of ebay. Worked great! Adheres great, blocks sound adequately (I need to cover more areas), and it is fairly cheap. I think I bought 50 square feet for $40 maybe but that was enough for the entire floor and then some. If you got maybe 75 you could cover everything I'm sure.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Peel and stick water proofing doesn't run when it gets hot. It does get gooey, but you won't be touching it. The smell is the adhesive, which airs out within a couple days. You night get a lingering smell on hot days for awhile, but even that goes away.

Comment

• Originally posted by navid_2nh View Post
                  my friend did it on his pride

Rice

Comment

• ^
                    And custom bumpers, rims, lowering, turbo swaps, etc aren't ricy?
                    Especially considering our cars are basically Mazda's.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                      ^
                      And custom bumpers, rims, lowering, turbo swaps, etc aren't ricy?
                      Especially considering our cars are basically Mazda's.
                      Custom bumpers, rims, lowering, turbo swaps are all functional changes, some of which happen to look nice while doing so.

That's the difference. Rice is trying to look faster/etc than you are. Function IS form, not the other way around.

Although I'm not a fan of bumper swaps that are non-functional - i.e. provide extra functionality either by increased airflow or more desirable aerodynamic profile, fog lights, etc.

Rice is not determined by whether or not it's a foreign car. It probably used to mean that, but hasn't in several years. Thinking about it, almost EVERYTHING is a foreign car at this point.

I wonder what Japanese kids call American cars in Japan... Potatoes?
                      Last edited by Christ; 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                        I wonder what Japanese kids call American cars in Japan... Potatoes?
                        Cows, would be more fitting.
                        Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

• I'm gonna take it out and fill it up. I've owned it for 22 years today!!!
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Major Bummer alert. Went over to pick up the supposed EGT at the scoutmaster's house, checked the engine. It's a valve seat munching 1.9................. Boooooo. That would've been waaaay too easy to get a running donor car for free, apparently nothing is going to work for me the first time on this car.
                            Owner of:
                            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                            In progress:
                            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                              Custom bumpers, rims, lowering, turbo swaps are all functional changes, some of which happen to look nice while doing so.

That's the difference. Rice is trying to look faster/etc than you are. Function IS form, not the other way around.
                              Exactly.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Got the windows tinted limo black on the bone today looks killer

Comment

Working...
                                X