Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drained the coolant and pulled the rad out of mine today, there wasn't enough antifreeze in the mix to stop it from freezing lol

Also put the KL out of my protege onto my engine stand so I can pull the oil pan to weld in the oil return for the turbo
    Last edited by Damkid; 11-25-2011, 04:11 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Worked on sanding the side bumper molding stuff for my spire.. then went and got the timing belt back on the mazda, got it all back together except for one of the bolts on the steering pump mounting bracket and the spark plug wires.. so i gotta head out to the junk yard tomorrow and get that bolt, and it should be good to go................assuming I actually got the timing right, which is just anyones guess, totally 50/50, i think it is, but there's a chance the crankshaft may be a tooth off. I stuck an extention in the #1 cylinder and cranked it over a few times, as soon as the timing marks line up, the piston starts to drop, but it may be delayed a split second.. we'll just have to see what happens.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• cut up the steel for the base frame with my "Christmas" present to myself:

cut like butter

Looks like its time to start my build thread.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• MPG is still steadily dropping.... 28mpg last tank. I put some fuel injector cleaner in it but I think this is all due to the alternator.

BTW- Do I win biggest thread ever award yet??
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• sent email to secure parts an get them sent to me to get things rolling again an legal
            Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

• Aaron - i think i have the exact same chop-saw :lol: they work great

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                cut up the steel for the base frame with my "Christmas" present to myself:

cut like butter

Looks like its time to start my build thread.

Ive always wanted a chop saw. It has to be better than using the sawzall. Nice gift to yourself !
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Fresh, if I only ever use it on this project it was worth it. I picked it up on sale for $150. I was going to just get a cheap pos miter saw and put an abrasive blade in it, but I would have melted that by now. Well worth the money, especially if you need it.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Put some NOS protege "swoopies" on Frankenstiva tonight. I had them painted to match the body color this past summer just never got them mounted. Sorry the car is dirty, had a rare rain last night and the drive is muddy.

sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• ^Very nice
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Tripod. Is back online after making sure I had enough parts to put the back wheel back on.
                        NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                        1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                        1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                        1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                        1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                        1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                        1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Installed new NGK V power plugs & NGK ZX19 wire set. Next Dizzy cap & rotor ,& K&N Air Filter. Maybe flush cooling system. Can't find any Cascade w/o Dawn & lemon scent.
                          Last edited by navdoc101; 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Started running E85 in my b6 sohc turbo car, almost mostly tuned. Takes a lot more fuel...
                            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Decided on a course of action: individual carbs on the b3.

Started a mild search for replacement body panels... Flooooooooooor pans!

The pinch point is folded on both sides, floors are gone in the corners up front, rockers are gone, lots of body work... Or rust neutralizer and fiberglass.

Thought about fitting my otto-R seats, possibly having a buddy make a fg single rear seat shell with 10"cutouts on either side.

Checking out the body work first, tho.

Comment

• Replaced alternator.

HOLY COW.

Didn't realize just how bad it was.

I can now:

-see my gauges
                                -see the road ahead
                                -be warm in the cabin

The car now:

-has more power
                                -seatbelt moves quickly

AND!!!! I figure I'll see a HUGE jump in MPG.

Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X