Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got around to installing my rear FMS springs, lowered front and back now.. love it

-93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
      I'm officially driving the Festiva now!

:wav:
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Whuuueee ! I changed the brakes, new tires 155/12r 80 bleed the breaks, Rear brake pad were hardly worn at all, cruddy self adjusters. cleaned up a slave cylinder, re-torqued the heads to 76 pounds..headbolts Loose by a 1/4 turn at 90,000 on motor.. Rear axel / spindle striped out had to chase threads with a die M16 / 1.5..next on the list To get a front end alingment. Wish I had a 5 speed trans....OOOOooo !

Comment

• mrghost, I saw you needed an axle stub. A member has one for sale here. I almost bought it on general principles. The ones that know they are hard to find. I have a couple spares already though.

Comment

• Cleaning and fixing my flooded red sedan festiva/pride. Took advantage of the heat of the sun today for my washed carpet and seats.
            Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
            Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
            (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

• Spent last night swapping my wife's aluminum wheels and worn tires for steel wheels and new 12's so Goodyear can do an alignment on it.

Anyone ever get the rear aligned?
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                Spent last night swapping my wife's aluminum wheels and worn tires for steel wheels and new 12's so Goodyear can do an alignment on it.

I have been told that it does not need alignment unless there is physical damage. I have ALSO been told at a couple shops that they don't list what the specs are to even TELL there is damage.

I wouldn't go by just that, but it is a place to start...

Comment

• The only way to do it is to shim the spindle for camber and toe....pretty easy.
                  Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post

Yup. Left rear was IIRC, 1/4" toed in. Took it home and took everything apart. Anti-siezed all fasteners and took it back to the shop. Saved the labor they would have charged to take it apart had there been any issues.

They still have to loosen the spindle to install the shim but it came apart a lot easier=less time=less labor charge.

Comment

• Yesterday I installed a new headunit and some nice 4in speakers to go in the stock locations. Only have the fronts installed right now.

JL Audio C2-400x Speakers and an Alpine CDE-133BT Headunit

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Do those speakers sound better than the stock ones?
                        Do the speaker grilles fit with the new speakers installed?

Comment

• I also reccomend Kicker DS40 for a quality budget 4" speaker. I thought they were blown for awhile, but I found it was stuff in the dash and trim in the back rattling! they do have a bit of a bass kick to them which is nice but I'm still looking to throw in a small sub because of the road noise and longevity of the speakers.
                          Owner of:
                          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                          In progress:
                          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                            Yup. Left rear was IIRC, 1/4" toed in. Took it home and took everything apart. Anti-siezed all fasteners and took it back to the shop. Saved the labor they would have charged to take it apart had there been any issues.

They still have to loosen the spindle to install the shim but it came apart a lot easier=less time=less labor charge.
                            I may have to do that, they didn't have the shim and had to order it, left rear too.

I'll bring it back next Saturday to fix it.
                            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              Do those speakers sound better than the stock ones?
                              Do the speaker grilles fit with the new speakers installed?
                              I never had stock speakers in my Festy so I'm not sure, but they do sound good for little 4 inchers. They were the best ones the store I bought them from head to offer. Cost me like 73 bucks for the pair and that was at dealer cost.

And yes, after installing them from the inside of the whole I was able to get the grills on no problem.

Here check out my garage thread where I usually put up more detailed pics.
                              Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I sold a festiva today, along with tons of festiva and aspire parts. glad to have the room and one less project going and glad to see someone happy to continue finishing a car. Can't wait to see it finished
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X